The Cousins Visit Tale: Part 2

Part 2

Both Thor and Loki separated as the coil of a whip flicked in between them.  They turned and saw their Egyptian and Greek cousins looking at them with mischievous/menacing expressions on their faces.  “I’ve seen that look before,” Loki said as both he and Thor took several steps back.  “You guys were planning on seeing if the Midgard Serpent preferred light or dark meat,” Loki said.  Thor shuddered inwardly at that memory.  The two brothers closed ranks against their cousins and started taking several steps back. 

“Come on boys.  We just want to play,” Ares said as he went off to the left side.  Sekhmet went to the right side, while the other two mischief makers stayed in the center. 

“You don’t want to play with us?  But I thought we were friends?” Seth said, sticking his lip out in a pout.  Loki would have retorted, but he soon felt Thor’s hand gripping his belt from behind.  Thor wanted to be sure that if Loki vanished, he went with him. 

“Yeah, we are family after all,” Hermes pointed out as he dropped glass shards to the ground.

“Last time I checked, I wasn’t related to little psychopaths,” Loki finally said.  That was when Ares let the whip fly again.  Thor’s arms wrapped around Loki’s arms, and suddenly they disappeared.  When they opened their eyes, they were standing in the armory of Asgard. 

“Why didn’t you do that sooner?” Thor asked as he quickly let go of his brother.  Loki shot Thor a look and then glanced around.  He lightly touched the spears hanging on the wall and then he turned around to face Thor. 

“You should be thanking me.  If I hadn’t teleported us here, we’d be little scraps getting thrown into the void right about now!” Loki pointed out.  Thor frowned and then muttered a thank you.  Loki rolled his eyes and then looked out the window.  He was starting to feel a little bit better, until he saw four small figures approaching from a little ways down the stone walk.  Loki turned back to Thor and his eyes were wide.  “They’re coming!” he exclaimed.

“They’re coming?  I thought that you couldn’t be followed when you pulled your hocus pocus on people?” Thor demanded as he went to the window.

“Excuse me?  In case you don’t remember, Seth and Hermes are the Egyptian and Greek versions of me!  They most likely have powers similar to my own.  One or both of them could have traced us,” Loki told Thor.  Thor glanced at his brother and shook his head.  They had to find some way of disappearing, without being discovered by their insane relatives!

End of Part 2