Spring Cleaning: Part 1

"How could you guys trash my place in one weekend?" Tony asked. His arms were crossed over his chest, and he was tapping his foot on the ground. The other Avengers were also looking down on Loki and Clint as they sat on a sofa. Clint's broken leg was propped up on pillows. Loki was simply enjoying a good cup of coffee. He sipped it quietly, and fixed Tony with his green stare. "Seriously?! What did I do to deserve this?!" Tony asked loudly.

"You opened up a hotel for heroes, and thus, you attract villains. What did you expect?" Loki queried in return, finishing his coffee aimlessly.

"He's right. This is a five star joint," Clint pointed out dryly and everyone else laughed. Tony waved his hand dismissively, and walked away. Clint rolled his eyes and reached for a gaming control. "Can someone put Mortal Kombat in and play with me? I'm so bored."

"I will!" the Hulk said enthusiastically. Ever since the mission they had been on when the tower was attacked, the Hulk was with them, and not Bruce Banner. He would come back, but might take a while. Loki quickly did a somersault off the back of the couch, without dropping his cup, in order to escape Hulk's boisterous landing. Clint cried out in pain, and Natasha had to scold the Hulk for being so mean. Loki dusted himself off and left the room. That was when Tony's head popped out of the kitchen.

"You're helping to clean up this mess by the way. I'll have Jarvis deal with the damage to technology, but everything else? You dude, are lending a hand!" Loki gave Tony his signature smirk, a mock wave, and a bow. Tony snorted and disappeared. Loki decided to look into one of the hallways that the Abomination had gone tearing down. With a wave of his hand, he fixed the drywall, the paint, the carpet, and all the furniture. Loki grinned and walked down the hallway, looking for something else that needed to be repaired.

Tony was still in the kitchen, making sure the cappuccino machine was still functioning, when Clint was wheeled into the room by Thor about half an hour later. "Please tell me that Loki has started repairing stuff?" Tony queried without looking up from the machine. Thor cleared his throat and Stark glanced up. He could tell by the expression on both their faces that they had something to tell him.

"During the attack, Loki locked me in the main control room. I told him where everyone was. At the end, he cornered the Enchantress, but they didn't fight. They talked. And the weird thing is, I couldn't hear a word they said!" Tony's eyes widened and he glanced at Thor. The Prince of Thunder's face was serious. What could have happened in that length of time?!

End of Part 1