Resurrection: Part 3

Loki removed the lid and stared at her. His hand lightly stroked her pale cheek, and he removed a strand of her hair. "My darling wife," he muttered to her. Loki took off his wedding band and slipped it onto Sigyn's thumb. It glowed bright purple, but Loki knew that that was not enough. He leaned in and placed his mouth on hers. A soul needed a reason to return to the body, and love was usually the best reason. As soon as his lips touched hers, the purple light spread all over her body, and she breathed. Her hands came up and touched Loki's shoulders. He separated from her and looked into her eyes, her gorgeous purple eyes with their flecks of gold.

"Loki!" Sigyn said as she sat up and embraced him. Loki hugged her back, tears coming to his eyes. "It's alright! I'm here now. We're together again," Sigyn told him. Loki buried his face in her hair and cried a little, not caring at all. It had been too long, too long since he had felt her arms around him, and smelled the scent of her perfume. That was when they heard the clapping coming from behind. They separated and turned around, to see Odin, Thor, and the Avengers standing there. The Avengers were clapping and hooting. Thor was too busy brushing the tears from his eyes and smiling. Only Odin looked nonplussed by the whole thing.

"You go dude!" Clint said enthusiastically. Loki glanced at Sigyn and saw her blush.

"You'll get used to it," he told her as he lifted her out of the sarcophagus. Odin stepped forward and opened his mouth, but Loki's hand went up. "Don't speak All-Father. I already know what you're going to say. I am forever banished from Asgard for my transgression and I'm fine with that. Despite my constant degrading of Midgard, my snide comments, and my snarky remarks, I've come to think of that place as my home. I will bring Sigyn back with me and we will reside in the Avengers Tower, that is unless Tony's got an island he's no longer interested in?" Tony laughed and cleared his throat a little a second later. "I am going and hopefully, no offense to Thor, hopefully, we will never see each other again," Loki said. Taking Sigyn's hand, Loki walked her down the aisle towards them. The Avengers parted and let them pass, then they filed in behind them. Thor placed a hand on his father's shoulder, gave it a gentle squeeze and followed them. Odin just stood there, staring at the sarcophagus.

End of Part 3