Prom Protection: Part 2

When the dancing started, Loki nonchalantly made his way over to Clint and Natasha. He sat down and took some punch. "Too bad the majority of the people here are under aged. I miss that about Asgard. No age limits and no real curfew either," Loki pointed out with a grin.

"Sounds like a delinquent's paradise," Steve remarked.

"You only get delinquents if you tell people they can't do something until they're a certain age. Loki's right. We don't have problems like that on Asgard. Maybe Father saw what would happen to you people," Thor responded with a chuckle. Steve grunted and everyone went back to the situation at hand. Loki, Natasha, and Clint were watching Anna dance with her boyfriend. Homeland Security had had everyone clear away and give a good eight feet of space in which to dance. Loki could tell that some people were annoyed, but there was nothing they could do about it. Suddenly, Loki saw one of the guards move away after hearing something on his comm that nobody else did. Loki's eyes narrowed and he stood up. Without saying anything to Natasha or Clint, he started to follow him. When they entered back hallways, Loki made himself invisible so he could get closer and listen. That was when he heard him speaking to somebody.

"Yes, sir. The target is on the mark. Soon, she will be dead, the Avengers will be discredited and the President will have them restrained. We can safely say that two of them, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are on site. The others are nowhere to be seen. Everything is going as the Skull predicted. Hail HYDRA!" When the man turned around, he found himself staring into Loki's face.

"You missed one!" Loki said that was when he shifted into a serpent. The man's shouts were muffled by the booming music. Loki teleported himself back into the main room and looked up on the balconies. Several young people were dancing up there, oblivious to what was about to happen. Loki touched his comm. "Nat! Clint! Move on Miss West now! There's a sniper here!" Loki told them urgently. He darted up the stairs and glanced around. That was when he saw another prom goer leaning against a statue, his one hand resting on the marble thigh. But that was not he was really doing. He was supporting a handgun with a silencer. And the gun was pointed right at Anna West! Clint and Natasha came forward and quickly reached Miss West.

"For your protection, you'll have to come with us," Natasha told her calmly. Miss West made a face and Homeland Security came up. That was when Natasha and Clint heard a quiet, squeaking pop. As assassins, they knew that sound. It was the sound of a silenced gun going off.

End of Part 2