The Hunt for the Norseman Tale: Part 3

When Citizen Moreau was led in by a butler, the entire area became quiet. He knew what they all thought of him, and he did not care a jot. When he saw the Prince of Wales, and two very good looking men standing next to him, he approached, and bowed stiffly. Lord Pritchard noticed how indifferent Chief Moreau was to the Prince, and he made a move to say something, but Loki shot him a look and shook his head. Moreau noticed the little exchange and wondered what it meant. "Your highness, I am Citizen Jacques Moreau, Chief of the Committee of Public Safety for Paris," he said as he introduced himself.

"Oh, is that what they call it?" George IV asked, and several nobles nearby teetered. Moreau looked in their direction, and saw the Comte, Comtess, and Lady Helene de Burgundy standing there. His eyebrow shot up and he started to walk in their direction. But, Loki cut him off.

"I know what you see, monsieur, but I can assure you that here, the Comte and his family are protected by English law. Fight that all you like," Loki told him with one of his wicked smirks. Citizen Moreau looked up into Loki's face and appraised him quietly. Loki was a head and a half taller than him, and better looking. Moreau could tell that physical activity was a favored past time of his. Moreau was about to say something in return, when suddenly a beautiful horse was brought to Loki.

"Your mount, Lord Odinson," the stable boy said.

"Thank you my fine man," Loki told him as he climbed into the saddle. He swung his horse around expertly, and hit Moreau in the face with its tail. "Pardon me monsieur, but Gungnir has no liking for Frogs." Moreau glared at Loki, but Loki urged his horse forward and mud wound up on Moreau's trousers. "Excuse me your highness, but Gungnir is itching to defeat these upstarts. Tally ho!" Loki galloped away and the Prince of Wales cheered him on. When Moreau looked over his shoulder in the direction of the de Burgundy's, they were gone. His eyes narrowed and he glanced back at Loki, prancing around on the back of his fine stallion.

"Go and best them, Loki! I've got another fortune on you!" the Prince of Wales shouted enthusiastically as he followed Loki. Lord Pritchard came right behind him, and every single English aristocrat left Citizen Moreau standing there.

"You pompous oaf! If the Norseman isn't you, then I'm a fool!" Moreau muttered to himself.

End of Part 3