The Vale of the Valkyrie Tale: Part 1

Loki and Thor stood at the Bifrost's gate with Heimdall. The Guardian was there to make sure they did not do something they were not supposed to before a very important delegation arrived. "Why are we making peace with the Valkyrie? We have been at war with them for thousands of years, why now?" Thor asked. Loki shrugged and simply adjusted his horned helmet. Both of them were becoming strong young men, Thor being 23 and Loki having just turned 20. The pinnacle of Asgardian youth, Odin wanted the Valkyrie to see them first. To show them what they lacked in their all-female society. Of course, both Thor and Loki hypothesized that the Valkyrie had some of the most beautiful women in the Nine Realms in their ranks.

"When will they get here, Heimdall?" Loki asked the Guardian. The gatekeeper looked at Loki and his mouth twisted down ever so slightly.

"The Valkyrie will arrive when they arrive," Heimdall responded. Before Loki could retort, the Bifrost came to life and several women soon appeared. They were all beautiful, armored, and rather fierce some. Their leader was tall, with pale blonde hair, and deep blue eyes. Thor and Loki approached and inclined their heads a little.

"Welcome to Asgard, Brunhilde. Father will greet you, and then we will be off to Alfheim for the peace talks," Thor said. Loki smiled a little, because in Alfheim, was the prettiest young woman he had ever seen. Sigyn. Brunhilde stopped walking and looked at them.

"Ah! Odin sends the best of Asgard to greet me. Thor, Prince of Thunder; and Loki, Prince of Mischief. I'm flattered," Brunhilde said. Loki smirked, wagged his finger, and stepped in front of Thor.

"But Brunhilde, let's not forget that we're here to discuss peace. Besides, I thought it was my job to stir up trouble?" Brunhilde looked at him with narrowed eyes, which only made his grin go wider. Thor and Heimdall could feel the tension rising.

"Don't think I haven't forgotten what happened the last time we crossed paths," Brunhilde said. It was at that point when Heimdall cleared his throat and signaled that the Valkyrie should begin walking for the palace.

"I hated that last time!" Thor whispered to Loki vehemently. Loki watched as the Valkyrie followed Thor across the Rainbow Bridge, towards the palace. Loki followed in the rear, his arms swinging at his sides, and huge smile on his face.

End of Part 1