The Tale of Loki's Mask: Part 4

Loki sheathed his swords and waited till they were all close. When the first two Frost Giant were a few yards away, Loki jumped up and grabbed a hold of their shoulder armor. The two Frost Giants had no idea what was happening when Loki landed, and flipped them over. Using his Asgardian strength, he picked them up, and threw them onto the third Frost Giant. Loki drove his swords through the first two, and kicked the third in the head. When Loki turned around, a Frost giant archer let fly an arrow. A Frost Giant's arrow, in comparison to an Asgardian, is four and a half feet long, with a six inch arrow head.

Loki was not fast enough to escape, and the arrow struck across his mask. His head was jerked to the side and Thor was temporarily distracted. The arrow went flying into the distance and Loki's hand went to his face. Thor shoved several giants out of his way and came to Loki's side. When Loki looked back up, the wooden mask had a slice in it on both sides of the one eye. Thor made a move to take off the mask, but Loki brushed his hand away, and he blasted the Frost Giants with green fire. No one escaped. Thor grabbed Loki's shoulder and spun him around.

"We needed one of them alive! At least one! To tell us what it was they wanted to accomplish!" Thor snapped. Loki just looked at him, his green eyes focused on Thor's. His hand reached up and he removed his mask. Thor saw the damage the Jotun shaft had done to Loki's face. He now had two, neat cuts right by his eye.

"We didn't need to keep one alive. Why do you think I stretched out the fight this long? I was reading their minds the whole time. We have to talk to Giermarr, Prince of the Jotuns. He's the one who sent these Frost Giants here. When we speak to him, we'll have all our answer," Loki told Thor. The two brothers looked at each other, grim expressions on their faces. Thor nodded, agreeing silently with Loki's decision. They turned to look at the fallen Frost Giants. Their remains were scattered about the empty space. Loki placed his foot on the helmet of one of the fallen and looked hard at Thor. Thor no longer saw that mischievous glint that had been in his eyes when he wore the mask. Instead, he saw the serious gleam of a killer.

The End