Blood & Water: Part 2

"Well, you can't have him!" Loki snapped as he stood up.

"Him?" Thor asked uncertainly, and Vali started to laugh. Thor and the Avengers eyed Loki, but he was too busy watching every move that his son was making.

"Yes, Avengers.  My father has been keeping secrets from you. You should never trust the God of Mischief, for he's always playing tricks," Vali said.

"Says the treacherous God of Chaos!" Loki snapped in return, but that was when he felt Thor's hand on his shoulder.

"What are you not telling us, brother?" Thor asked Loki. Loki could almost feel his old self rising to the surface: the Loki who would have said, 'Sentiment,' but he quickly subdued him.

"I didn't tell you because it was safer for all of you. This is my fight," Loki said.

"Not when you join a team! This is all our fights!" Steve told Loki stubbornly and Loki had to smile. But that was when they heard Vali clapping. The God of Chaos was walking in between his lieutenants, weaving a path that brought him slowly closer to them.

"Maybe you won't want it to be your fight after you hear this. The Nine Realm Paradox of which I speak? Will be the child that Mother is about to give birth to!" The Avengers looked at Loki who nodded his head to confirm. "Oh good, Father! You're not trying to deny it! And, guess what else he's been hiding from you? The fact that he is Ragnarok! The only thing that can control the Nine Realm Paradox!" The Avengers all gasped and Thor let go of Loki.

"But, you said that you had locked him up? You said you sent him to Hel?!" Thor bellowed, anger showing in his once trusting eyes.

"I did what was necessary to protect you! I had to kill him!" Loki snapped in return.

"And now, all I have to do is kill you, and then I'll be Ragnarok!" Vali said. Surtur, Mephisto, and Amora came charging forward, and that was when Loki saw the deaths of his friends flash before his eyes. He had to stop this!

End of Part 2