Prom Protection: Part 3

Natasha and Clint looked up on the balcony, until they found Loki. His one hand was cradling his arm, and the teenager was starting to run away. That was when certain members of Homeland Security started to attack the Avengers. Loki leaned out over the railing and shouted, "Everyone out! They're HYDRA!" It only took a second for Loki's words to sink in. Everyone started running. Anna tried to run with her boyfriend, but she was grabbed by a HYDRA agent. Her boyfriend continued running without her. Suddenly though, she fell to the ground. Anna turned around and saw that Loki had landed on the man who had seized her like a ton of bricks. He smiled at her and held out his hand. It was covered in blood, which he realized after the fact. "Oops! Sorry about that," he told her with a big grin as he wiped it on his tux, and held it out to her again.

"You're not an Avenger are you?" she asked, not recognizing him from their files that her father had.

"Not a full one at any rate," Loki told her. He helped her up and turned to where Natasha and Clint were finishing off the traitorous agents. The room was practically clear now of innocent bystanders, so Loki relaxed a little. When Natasha and Clint came over, they looked at his arm.

"I've seen worse," Natasha remarked as she wrapped Loki's green tie around it.

"I've had worse," Clint said. Loki stuck his lip out like a fake pout, and Clint glared at him. That was when they heard two guns cocking. They turned around and saw two young men; one was the man who shot Loki, and the other was, Anna's boyfriend?!

"Roger?! What is this? What are you doing?!" Anna asked as she tried to take a step towards him. Loki caught her arm, pulled her back, and pushed her behind him.

"You really think I liked you? Ha! You naïve little brat! This country is going down. The HYDRA will spread his wings and raise his heads and he will rule!" Roger said.

"You do know that the Hydra doesn't have wings right?   Or tentacles for that matter, either.  It's a land creature," Clint corrected dryly. The two boys raised their guns, but that was when Loki waved his hand, said a magical phrase, and they vanished!

"Where did they go!" Anna asked. Natasha and Clint both gave Loki a look.

"Someplace very cold. Too bad they forgot their galoshes," Loki answered right before he laughed.

End of Part 3