Don't Touch My Stuff!: Part 1

Loki had been in Avengers Tower for several weeks now. Already, he had anticipated and helped them stop a Hydra attack, as well as foil MODOK and AIM from trying to steal Stark's technology. Natasha and Tony were really friendly with him; Clint always tried to have a verbal bout with him; and Steve would give him lectures on rules and morals. Loki instinctively avoided Banner, and as for Thor, forget it! He still had not said more than two sentences to Thor, and everyone was too scared to ask either of them why. They were going to guess that it was for personal reasons, some slight that Loki could not let go. But, they would find out soon enough.

At that moment, Loki was helping do the dishes (a mandatory rule) with Steve. Steve washed, while Loki stacked, and dried them (he seemed to like ignoring the fact that Tony had several dishwashing machines). He was wearing jeans and a V-neck shirt instead of his Asgardian clothes. Unlike Thor, he changed with the times (and locations). Steve was just handing him a plate, when Clint walked into the kitchen wearing a pair of Loki's boots. "Now all I need is long black leather coat and a fedora. Ring any bells?"

"Van Hel-" but Steve did not finish. The plate had fallen to the floor, and shattered because Loki had made no attempt to grab it. Loki was staring at Clint, but more importantly, he was staring at his boots.

"You were in my room?!" he asked, raising his voice to unnatural levels. Clint covered his ears, while Steve gave them both a look.

"Well, yeah. I mean, unless your boots managed to waltz into my room," Clint answered. Loki walked up to him, and with a wave of his hand, transported his boots back to his room. Clint looked down and yelled at the top of his lungs. Loki had magically coated his toe nails in polish, and put him in open toed high heeled shoes. Loki snickered, and even Steve was having a hard time keeping a straight face. Clint immediately bent down to take the shoes off, but the straps would not budge. Eventually, he was rolling on the kitchen floor, frothing at the mouth. Loki leaned over and grinned.

"What have you learned from this, Clint Barton?" Loki queried, placing a hand to his ear.

After giving up on the shoes, Clint said, "To not steal your boots."

"More explicitly, don't touch my stuff!" Loki said and he waved his hand. The nail polish and shoes disappeared. Clint stood up, dusted himself off, and walked out of the kitchen with as much dignity as he could muster. Loki glanced back at Steve, smirked, and went back to drying the dishes.

End of Part 1