The Unexpected Savior: Part 11

Thor went down next, placing Mjolnir over his heart. "I beg you Hela, my niece, to give us Loki back. My brother!"

"Give us back Reindeer Games. Please?" Tony asked as he awkwardly went down to his knee.

"We want you to please give us Loki," both Clint and Natasha said in unison.

"Hulk beg for puny god," Hulk said as he also went down. Hela sneered and for a moment, they were afraid she would go back on her word.

"You were right. They did beg for you to come back," Hela said, now speaking to the green orb. The Avengers looked up, surprise etched onto their faces.

"Yes, well, I am a likeable fellow," Loki's voice said from the orb.

"Loki! What is the meaning of this?!" Thor asked as he leapt to his feet.

"Don't get me wrong! I am dying. If you don't get my body to a medical facility, then my soul won't have a place to return to," Loki's voice continued. The Avengers started to stand up, looking partially relieved, and partially annoyed out of their wits. "Maybe, when I made the bargain with her, I said that you all would beg to have me back. She made that a condition that you all had to fulfill. So, I guess, I'm back! Just consider this a belated April Fool's Day joke."

"You pulled an April Fool's Day joke on us already," Steve said between clenched teeth.

"Well, a little extra never hurt anybody," Loki's voice said. Thor half smirked and half growled as he used his hammer to open a portal back to earth. Hela watched as they disappeared with Loki's body. Soon, she was alone again. She looked back at Loki's soul.

"And our bargain?" she queried.

There was a chuckling sound and then silence. "Our bargain still stands, my dear."

End of Part 11