The Unexpected Savior: Part 12

When Loki opened his eyes, he could hear some kind of incessant beeping and something was in his arm. When he tried to sit up, a pain went through his whole torso and he groaned. "Awake? Good. Now heal so I can punch you," Clint said as he appeared in Loki's peripheral vision. Loki jumped a little before he relaxed. That was when he saw Thor, Tony, Steve, Bruce, and Natasha standing around him. They all had smirks on their faces as Loki looked at them.

He cocked his head to one side and asked, "Can I help you?" They all started laughing and Loki gave them one of his puzzled looks. He glanced around the room and saw flowers all around along with balloons. "See? Told you I was likeable."

"Actually, these are all from us, no one else. We each decided to see who could get you the most 'get well' junk. Tony won," Steve remarked. Loki frowned and reached up, trying to grab a balloon. Before Natasha could grab it for him, it floated down into his hands by magic.

"So, did you really give us your powers there, for a moment?" Tony asked, trying, and failing to keep the excitement out of his voice. Loki gave Tony a look before he studied the the balloon. A specially designed picture was on it: a cartoon of all seven of them. Loki was in the middle and everyone was giving him a big hug and saying, 'Get well you asshole!' Loki laughed at the sentence and let the balloon float back up.

"Yes, I did. Increased intelligence (some need it more than others), increased strength, skill, and even magical abilities. But, you're only getting high once kids! I'm not giving them up again!" Loki warned them with a raised finger. The Avengers laughed and Loki smiled again. His hand went to his chest and he felt the bandage.

"The doctors said it was a miracle. Amora's blade pierced your heart. They said you should be dead," Bruce said. Loki glanced over at Thor and his brother gave him one of his tender looks.

"Good thing I'm a god. I can't easily be killed. But, I think we've proven that already. I mean, I did survive getting Hulk smashed." At this statement, everyone laughed so loud, they disrupted the entire hospital floor.

"He lives and now they know."

"His time will come, and Loki, the one who tricked us, will die!"

The End