The Tale of the Diplomatic Duo: Part 3

Helbindi walked towards the throne and stood next to his almost incapacitated brother. Loki released Giermarr from his vice-like grip and they faced each other. "This is my second son, Prince Helbindi," King Laufey said with some distaste. Helbindi chuckled as he looked at his father.

"Don't need to sound so proud, Father. Your admiration for me is very obvious," Helbindi said sarcastically. He looked back at Loki and he stepped down. He came in between Loki and Giermarr, and stood next to his mother. "You are?" Helbindi queried with a raised eyebrow.

"I am Loki, second son of Odin, and Prince of Mischief. This is Thor, first son of Odin, and Prince of Thunder," Loki introduced. Prince Helbindi cocked his head to one side and looked down at Loki, with a gleam of interest in his eyes. Loki stared back up at him, and his eyes slowly glowed green under his mask.

"Trying to read my mind, Prince Loki?" Helbindi said and suddenly Loki cried out. Thor came in between them and pushed Helbindi away. When he looked back at Loki, his brother had torn the mask from his face, and it fell to the floor. Loki looked back up at Helbindi and came up right in front of him.

"It was you! Why do you want war with Asgard?" Loki asked angrily. Helbindi shrugged his shoulders, ignoring the outbursts from his family as he walked around.

"Who says I want war with Asgard? Maybe I just wanted to meet you at last," Helbindi said. Both Loki and Thor raised their eyebrows and this, before they glared at him.

"Why Helbindi? Now, we must give you over to the Asgardians to be punished according to whatever they desire?" King Laufey said as he stood up from his throne. King Laufey now turned back to Thor and Loki.

"We have to take Prince Helbindi back with us. The All-Father will decide how to handle him," Thor said grimly, as he grabbed Prince Helbindi's arm. Helbindi made a move to resist, but Loki's hand came into contact with the side of his head and Helbindi stiffened. "What did you do?" Thor whispered to Loki. Loki looked over at him, and up at the now frozen Prince Helbindi.

"I shut him up for a while," he responded coldly.

End of Part 3