The Tale of the Missing Wedding Rings: Part 1

Thor bustled around his chamber, his face red and sweat gleaming on his cheeks. There was a quick knock on the door and he glanced up swiftly, fear in his eyes. "Come on Thor! The ceremony will be starting soon, and your Loki's representative. Hurry up!" Hogun told him.

"You can't order a Prince of Asgard about. Where are your manners, Hogun? Out on holiday?" Fandral asked as he examined his reflection on the blade of his sword. Volstagg was too busy drinking straight from a barrel of wine to notice. Finally, when Thor opened the door and they saw the expression in his eyes, everyone shook their heads. "You didn't?" Fandral asked.

"Yes, I did! I can't find the wedding bands. They're missing!" Thor told his friends.

"Well, this is a swell time for things to go missing in action on us," Sif said when they wrangled her into the search.

"I put them on my table by the window last night so they would be the first things I saw this morning. But when I woke up, they were gone! I don't know what the hell happened to them," Thor explained, running his fingers through his golden hair. Fandral was standing by said table, and he bent down to examine the surface more closely.

"Isn't this supposed to be a polished table?" he asked. Thor nodded his head and approached his friend. That was when Fandral pointed down and showed them the scratch marks where the rings had been. "I think a clawed creature got into your chambers last night and swiped the rings," Fandral finished. Thor frowned and went to the window. He studied the iron window decoration that he had, and that was when he noticed a bit of fur caught on one of the hooks. Thor took it and rubbed it between his fingers. After studying it for a moment, Thor recognized the shade of color it was. His eyes narrowed and he turned back to face his four friends.

"That little thief! That no good Cretan! I'm going to kill...!" Thor muttered as he crushed the fur in his hands.

"Who's responsible for this, Thor?" Sif asked.Thor looked over at them and he frowned deeply.

"That heinous feline vermin, Merlin!"

End of Part 1