Prom Protection: Part 1

"Why are we doing this again?" Natasha asked through her earpiece.

"Because the President of the United States asked us to," Tony said. "Trust me, I'm only barely going along with it."

"What I want to know is, why do me and Nat have to be the responsible adults, while Loki can be the cutest guy at the prom?" Clint asked as he joined Natasha by the DJ booth.

"Because of the two of you Clint, Loki looks younger. He can pass himself off as a senior in high school," Steve remarked. He, Tony, Thor, and the Hulk were all off sight, their faces being among the most notable. Loki was standing against a wall, in a tux, his tie and vest both dark green. He had no partner as yet, but he was supposed to be watching the President's daughter with her date. He yawned, stretched, and glanced at a wall clock.

"How late do these things go?" he asked.

"Very late. You're not getting out any time soon. Not until Miss Anna West is sent back in the White House," Tony said.

"It's a dance, Loki! Music and fun! Enjoy yourself!" Thor encouraged. Loki sneered and started walking around. That was when he saw Miss West. Homeland Security was following her and her date. Loki could already tell that her boyfriend was a husk, not worth it at all, but that was just his humble opinion. Loki started walking in their direction. Luckily, there were plenty of tall football and basketball players there, so Loki could not be singled out for his height.

"There's the target," Natasha said as she Clint spotted her too.

"Please, Nat! She's their intended target, not ours! Please don't talk about her like you're going to kill her," Steve told her. Natasha grinned and she and Clint held back, as they saw Loki making his way toward them. Loki crossed paths with them closely. Homeland Security made a move to push him away, but Loki sidestepped them.

"Oops! Sorry. Is this person an MVP?" he asked mischievously. Anna West looked up at him and her eyes burned. Loki's own green eyes looked back, and he smirked. Her eyes popped for an instant, but Loki had already disappeared into the crowd. "Package is safe. If HYDRA makes a move, I'll know!"

End of Part 1