Blood & Water: Part 1

Both Loki and Thor looked like they had seen a ghost. Loki just sagged against Hulk's arm and Thor quickly went to his side. "But, you're dead. You're supposed to be dead," Captain America said as he also walked over to the God of Mischief. Vali laughed and stepped down, twirling his magical sword that had been his dagger previously.

"That's what I wanted them to believe. But, more importantly, it was a test. I wanted to see of my Father would forgive me and try to fix things..." Vali said, his voice trailing off.

"Even after you killed your own mother?!" Natasha asked indignantly. Vali just waved his hand and the demons took several steps back, giving him space.

"But he did not," Vali continued, ignoring Natasha. "He killed me, and then did not even have the decency to attend my funeral."

"In case you've forgotten, Vali, nobody really attended your funeral," Thor pointed out dryly as he helped Loki to his feet. Loki almost passed out, but he willed himself to stay awake. Instead, he separated from Thor and walked over to Vali. Soon, father and son were facing each other: one looking tired; and the other, looking superior.

"It hit me afterwards what I had done, Vali. I had been the one to make the mistake. I saw you as a rival, not as my son, and I believe that if I had been there when you were young, that wouldn't have happened. But, you also went to the extremis to get my attention. Killing your mother and attacking Asgard. Vali, all I really wanted was for you to talk to me. Why couldn't we have done that?" Loki asked, his hand outstretched to his son. Vali noticed and wrinkled his nose up at it.

"Because, it wasn't what I wanted," Vali answered and he knocked Loki back with a blast of magic. Loki would have gone flying into a metal fence, but Iron Man caught him, and brought him back to the others. "This world has something of mine! And I want it given to me!" Vali said.

"If you had come a couple of years ago, we would have given him to you," Clint said. Everyone else glared at him, because he was speaking about Loki, but Clint did not notice. Vali laughed.

"You really think I want my father, Eye of the Hawk? No, he's just a bonus for me. A free gift," Vali remarked. "No, I want the Nine Realm Paradox!"

End of Part 1