The Tale of Loki's Intervention: Part 4

Odin stood up, his face bordering red. "Loki! You were not to come back for another 17 years. Why have you returned so prematurely?" Odin asked. Loki glanced over his shoulder and opened his mouth to explain, but he saw his son standing next to Thor. His mouth closed and it became a thin line, before he turned back and faced the door.

"I'm back because I'm the only one who can save you from-" but he did not finish. A blast hit Loki and he had to use everything to stand his ground. A cold frost crept into the throne room, freezing almost everything in sight. Odin, Frigga, and Sigyn moved away from their thrones because the gold was soon covered in a layer of ice. Loki made a face and that was when Ragnarok appeared before them.

Frigga stiffened, leaned forward, and said, "Brother? What are you doing here? You are banished!" Loki glanced back at Ragnarok and realized that he was looking at his uncle. Now addressed as Frigga's brother, Ragnarok laughed.

"I spoke as one banished man to another, sister, and he would not listen. It left me no choice. I must reclaim what is mine, mine by birth! I am the ruler of Vanaheim, and all the Nine Realms! Not this Asgardian usurper, or any of his sons. Only this one had potential, and he turned me down," Ragnarok said, pointing at Loki.

"You are not a full blood Vanir, brother. Your mother was a Frost Giant, and therefore, you cannot rule. The age of the Vanir has faded. The time has come for the Asgardians to rule," Frigga told him. Ragnarok's eyes narrowed and he looked back at Loki. Loki had taken up a position next to his brother, son, and wife, watching his enemy closely. Ragnarok looked at his sister and laughed. As he laughed, everything that froze, shattered into many tiny pieces. Loki and Thor shielded Sigyn and Vali from the exploding shrapnel.

When he was done laughing, Ragnarok said, "You'll have to kill me sister, in order for me to give up my claim."

"I'll be happy to oblige," Loki told him as he raised his scepter.

To be continued...

The End