Invasion: Part 3

Demons were the first to emerge from the pit. Loki lashed out with a wave of magic, and Thor attacked them with his hammer. Tony arrived in his Iron Man suit and started to blast them. Hulk would have leapt into the pit itself, but Loki stopped him. "You go through that, and you'll wind up in Muspelheim!" he shouted, sending the Hulk flying into a group of demons instead. They all scattered, but some of them were still crushed. Hulk stood up and roared at Loki.

"Horned man no throw Hulk!" he snarled and Loki raised his hands in mock surrender. Loki turned around a second later and froze several demons in a block of ice. Thor smashed it with his hammer, and kicked them back into the pit. Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Captain America were dealing with the second wave of demons, the ones that managed to get past Hulk, Thor, Loki, and Iron Man. The police tried, but against the demons, normal people just could not cut it.

"Just get the civilians out of here!" Steve shouted and the cops made sure the area was clear.

"Wonder of the coward Surtur will show his face?!" Thor asked as he smashed several demons into the ground.

"Please don't say that, Thor!" Loki shouted as he blasted other group with ice. If Loki had tried to use fire, it would not have done them any good. Ice was the greatest weapon to use against demons. Good thing there were not very many Frost Giants left (oh wait, that was his fault too). Loki put his hand out to freeze a bunch of demons who were trying to kill Cap, Hawkeye, and Widow, when a flaming whip wrapped around his wrist. Loki cried out in pain and sliced through the whip. He quickly pulled it off and saw the damage it had done to his wrist. The skin was almost completely burned away, and Loki clamped his other hand over it, freezing the injury closed. Tony and Thor turned and saw Loki doubled over in pain. Thor was soon by Loki's side, looking at the bracelet of ice he was now wearing.

"Are you alright?" Thor asked him. Loki raised his head and glared at Thor. "Okay, maybe that was a stupid question," Thor said.

"You think?!" Loki asked angrily. He shook Thor off and started to freeze the entrance to the pit. The demons saw what he was doing and turned all their fury on him. The Avengers surrounded him as protection.

"Okay people! We're Reindeer Games' shield! Don't break!" Tony said.

End of Part 3