The Cousin's Visit Tale: Part 3

Loki looked around and then suddenly, he got an idea.  “I’m going to turn us into birds!” he said.  Thor turned to face him and gave him a look like he was insane.  However, that was when he started to smile.  “Yeah, you can’t be picky.  It’s bad when you can’t do anything,” Loki said.  That was when Thor snorted at Loki.  Loki started making incantations and casting spells.  It was when their cousins were knocking on the door, and Thor was getting ready to scream at Loki, when Loki finished.  There was a breath of wind, and when Ares and Sekhmet broke down the door, they were nowhere to be found.  Seth and Hermes looked around, and they spotted the feathers on the floor.

“Why am I the pigeon and you the falcon?  You’ll be faster than me,” Thor remarked dryly.  Falcons cannot smirk, but if they could, Loki would have done it.  Instead, he turned his head ever so slightly, and winked.  “This isn’t fair,” Thor said.

Loki stopped flying and hovered briefly.  “Look, in real life, you’re bigger and stronger than me.  I did an analysis do determine what we would be if we were animals.  For our aerial friends, I was intelligent, quick, and deadly; like a falcon.  You, on the other hand, turned out to be a pigeon.  You were a little dull, and even slow-witted,” Loki explained.  Thor stammered and attacked Loki.  Guards looked up from the battlements and saw a pigeon hounding a falcon.  They chuckled at the sight and then went about their business.

“Take it back!  Take it back!” Thor told Loki vehemently.  Loki used his wings and eventually his talons to keep his brother at bay. 

“Lay off brother!  We will soon be discovered by either Seth or Hermes if you keep this up,” Loki said as he finally created space between them.  Thor growled inwardly, but soon they were both distracted when they saw arrows coming their way.  Loki started to avoid them, but Thor was having trouble.  Loki turned his sharp eye and spotted their cousins in the archery range.  However, instead of aiming at the targets, they were shooting at them! 

“Oh yes!  This worked out perfectly!  You might as well have turned us into ducks!” Thor snapped as he barely missed getting spitted on an arrow head.

“You would think that they would be concerned about starting a war.  If they kill one of us, Father won’t hesitate attacking either Aaru or Olympus,” Loki said.  However, that was when an arrow came whizzing from below, and it pricked Loki’s wing.  He lost balance and soon began a spiral descent!

End of Part 3