The Tale of Loki's Romance: Part 3

Fandral twirled Sigyn in his arms, until Loki came up. "Excuse me Dashing, but I'm cutting in," Loki said in an acid tone of voice. He roughly pushed Fandral away and then took Sigyn, pressing her close. Sigyn gave Loki a look which said 'Thank You.' Odin, King Alry, and Brunhilde noticed this, and they started whispering to each other. Fandral returned to Thor to give his report.

"That look on Loki's face, I was sure he would whip out one of his knives, and slash my throat open," Fandral said with a shudder. Thor smirked and then watched as his little brother and the Light Elf Princess stopped dancing. Loki, still holding Sigyn's hand, led her towards a balcony that was to one side of the banquet hall. Thor then looked at Hogun, and signaled his entrance. As soon as Hogun started after them, Thor, Sif, Volstagg, and Fandral walked away, mingling with the elves, Valkyries, and Asgardians.

"What was that about?" Sigyn asked when she and Loki were alone.

"I was about to ask you the same question," Loki said as he leaned his forearms against the railing. Sigyn caught his meaning and raised her eyebrow.

"I've been here my whole life. How would I meet Fandral the Dashing," she said, her face taking on a hurt expression.

"So you know his full name. Well, you might not travel, but Fandral does," Loki pointed out.

Sigyn straightened and then said sharply, "Well, if you tell me that you've been single all these years, I probably won't believe you." Before Loki could retort, Hogun came up.

"Excuse me your highness, but Valla of the Valkyrie would like to speak with you privately on an urgent matter," Hogun said. Hogun then turned and indicated a woman just inside the door. She was pretty woman, but that was not what made both Loki and Sigyn gasp. Her armor was designed in such a way as to provide more room around her midriff. She was a pregnant Valkyrie! Loki turned to Sigyn, and started to stammer. Sigyn's eyes narrowed and she slapped him across the face. She quickly walked away from the balcony, brushing by the woman roughly. Loki turned to Hogun, but he was not called Hogun the Grim for nothing. His face revealed nothing. Loki walked away from Hogun, and paused by the Valkyrie. She looked up at him, realized that he was a Prince of Asgard, and curtsied. Loki nodded stiffly and then departed. Hogun returned to Thor and gave him the details.

"Everything is set. Now, let's force them together," Thor said. He went off with Sif, while the Warriors Three went to their work. The final act of their play.

End of Part 3