Invasion: Part 4

As Loki concentrated on freezing the portal, his skin turned blue and his eyes went red. Some of the Avengers noticed, and they found themselves staring at him. "Whoa!" Steve said right before he flattened a demon with his shield. Loki continued to freeze it, but he could feel himself running out of energy. This kind of extreme magical use was very draining. By the end, he knew he would be unconscious.

He had almost sealed up the pit, when suddenly a more powerful force blew up the ice from the other side and knocked everyone back. Loki was blown into Thor, who knocked the Hulk over. Everyone lay in a heap on the ground around the abyss. When Loki opened his eyes, he saw a bunch of strange colors and weird shapes. The pain in his wrist reminded him exactly what was going on and he sat up. Flames spouted from the pit and three shapes emerged from it. One was huge, the second medium in height, and the third was small. When the smoke cleared, Loki found himself looking at Surtur, Mephisto, and Amora the Enchantress. "No," Loki said quietly as he slowly sat up, but he almost fell backwards. Hulk supported him from behind and Loki leaned on his huge, green arm. Thor and the rest of the Avengers stood up and stared at their foes.

"Amora! How dare you lead Surtur and Mephisto against the people of Midgard!" Thor bellowed. Amora laughed and walked away from her companions.

"You still think I am the one behind this?! You're more of an idiot than I remember, Thor Odinson! I am not the power.  I am not the darkness. That belongs to someone else, our master!" Amora said dramatically as she, Surtur, and Mephisto turned. More smoke and fire exploded from the pit and enveloped a figure. The Avengers squinted as they tried to see who it was. Amora drew a dagger, the infamous dagger she had used against Loki previously, and it was sucked from her hand by the person in the mist. Loki tried to see who it was and at first, could not. Soon however, something did appear. A person stood up, raising a sword over his head, the flames outlining a helmet that had dragon wings on the sides.

"No. All the gods no," Loki muttered and the Hulk looked at him. The smoke cleared away, and the Avengers found themselves looking at a young man. His skin was pale, he had golden eyes, pointy ears, and long black hair. A single streak of white could be seen in his ebony locks. And he was smirking at them, with a smirk they knew all too well.

"Hello, Father! Missed your son?" Vali asked as he leveled his sword at Loki.

The End