The Tale of Sif's Haircut: Part 2

Loki joined Thor, Sif, and the Warriors Three in the training arena. He watched as they all gripped their weapons: Thor, Sif, and Fandral held their swords, Hogun swung his mace, and Volstagg had an ax. Loki was off to one side, holding a special scepter in his hands. The scepter had a stone from Vanir that Frigga had given him. Loki spun it in his hands, and waited for the onslaught. Suddenly, Hogun charged from one side and Loki flipped to escape him. When he turned around, he opened his hand, and flames came shooting out. Hogun rolled away, but the back of his neck was singed. Loki smiled before he parried Fandral's sword with his scepter. That was when Loki saw Sif coming from his side. He jumped up, and her sword just narrowly missed the soles of his boots.

Loki kicked and he caught Sif's jaw. "Stop playing so rough!" Thor shouted.

"And what is the purpose of training? To soften the blow?" Loki asked sarcastically, as he drew one of his knives. He threw it at Volstagg, and it turned into a missile of ice. It struck Volstaggs ax and broke it into several pieces. Volstagg dropped it and patted his fingers against his sides, trying to warm them up. Loki turned and ducked, just as Thor swung his sword over him. Loki brought his fist up and hit Thor squarely under the chin. He did not pack quite the same punch that Thor did, but he still stunned him. Thor stepped back, and Loki kicked him in the shin, and then smashed him in the chest with the butt of his scepter. Thor was knocked onto his back, all the air rushing out of him. Loki raised his arms in victory, and that was when they all noticed Odin watching them from above. Loki bowed and smiled at his father. Odin smiled in return and then disappeared.

"Who's better now?" Loki asked triumphantly. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy. "What? Thor asks and you all tell him that he is the one," Loki pointed out. Thor nodded and then slowly stood up. He came to Loki and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You beat us fairly. Hardly any magic involved actually. You'll be a good warrior Loki," Thor told him. Loki felt good hearing his brother's praise. When he caught Sif's eye, he grinned. She frowned and then bumped him as she walked by. Thor noticed and made a face, but knew better than to say anything. Loki was the last to leave again, but this time, he was thinking, Hitting you in the face wasn't my revenge. Tonight, is my revenge!

End of Part 2