The Hunt for the Norseman Tale: Part 2

Loki was not at all startled when he learned that someone had finally been sent to hunt him down. He had actually expected them to try to find him sooner. Why should he be concerned? He, Loki, Prince of Asgard, and Lord of Mischief, had escaped more devious and dangerous foes before. When Charles told him this, he just smirked. "I was afraid that's what your response would be," Charlie answered, before he led his horse away. Loki was looking for a reason to laugh, and that was when he saw the Prince of Whales. Then he laughed.

"You trounced them! You trounced them all! Thank the Lord, for I had a thousand pounds on you," the Prince of Whales said. Loki laughed some more, wiping tears from his eyes. "Don't forget the riding party this afternoon," the Prince reminded him. Loki raised an eyebrow as he took the reins of Thunderer.

"How could I forget a party you're throwing, your highness?" he queried before he walked off. He turned and gave Thunderer a sugar cube. He returned him to the stables and watched as the boy brushed him down. "Please have Gungnir all ready for the riding party this afternoon; saddled, bridled, and all prepared for me," he told the boy, before giving him a sovereign.

"Yes m' lord," the boy said as he bobbed his head and pocketed the money. Loki turned and went to prepare himself for the party.

Later that day, Loki and Charles walked on either side of the Prince of Whales, while several young nobles stood beside the heads of their horses. "You are the jewels of our kingdom. Ride with pride and for the glory of England!" George IV said and they bowed to him. Loki clapped his hands, and that was when a footman came up.

"Excuse me your highness, but there's a man here from the Committee of Public Safety. He's been send as an ambassador from Robespierre," the footman said. The Prince wrinkled up his nose at this, but Loki took the situation in hand.

"Show the Frog in! We'll give him a proper, English welcome!" Loki said brightly.

End of Part 2