The Unexpected Savior: Part 1

The Avengers were having a normal breakfast in the tower. Oatmeal, eggs, bacon, and toast were cooking for them. Natasha was at the stove with Loki, as they were the only ones coordinated enough to make a good breakfast. Everyone else was sitting at the table, drinking coffee or tea. Loki flipped several eggs and slid them onto plates. Thor glanced up at Tony, and Tony was busy staring into oblivion as he swirled his coffee. Steve was also a little out of it. The three of them were thinking about the possibility that Loki wanted to trade Thor's soul for Sigyn's. They were wondering if Loki knew, but Thor told them that if Loki even suspected that they knew, he would have approached them already. Instead, Loki was whistling and seemingly very pleased. He brought them their breakfast before he turned back to the stove. "Pardon me sir, but Nick Fury and Agent Coulson are requesting a meeting," Jarvis said. Everyone stopped, wondering what was going on.

Tony raised an eyebrow and stood up. Thor instinctively looked at Loki, and indicated with his head that he should leave. Loki wiped his hands and slid out of the kitchen quietly. Natasha took over his pan. Fury and Coulson entered the kitchen a second later. "Where's Loki?" Fury asked.

"Had a late night," Steve said. "He's sleeping it off." Fury glanced around, but everyone had very good poker faces on. He nodded, and Coulson gave Tony a folder. Tony opened it, read a few lines before he dropped it on the table.

"The President wants what?!" he asked, raising his voice.

"His daughter described Loki perfectly to him. He wants Loki turned over to the American Government to answer for his crimes in New York," Coulson said. He did not sound at all happy. He actually sounded a little sad.

"But, hasn't he learned what he's done since he joined us?" Steve asked as he stood up.

"I've informed him exactly what Loki's been doing for this country while working with you, but there's this consultant; a supernatural consultant, who insists that Loki's a danger and must be in custody. There's nothing we can do to protect him," Fury said.

"What can we do?!" Clint asked.

"Not stop me from getting my revenge," said a voice and everyone turned around. Loki was standing in the doorway, his arms folded across his chest, his eyes glinting.

End of Part 1