Doom's Day: Part 5

Odin sighed and shook his head. "You leave me no choice, Loki. I will leave, but I will return to Midgard with a squadron. If Midgard remains out of it, there will be no casualties," Odin said, looking at Fury. "We will take you and Nari back to Asgard. As Ragnarok, but as a valuable member of this team, you shall be incarcerated in Niffleheim. Nari shall be raised on Asgard and he shall never know you," Odin said.

"If you think you can take his son just like that, you're shitting yourself!" Clint said, suddenly standing next to Loki. His loud voice and cursing woke Nari and the infant began to bawl. Some soothing from Loki and he became quiet. The All-Father looked at the archer with a raised eyebrow, but that was when Steve, Bruce, Tony, and Natasha flanked him.

"Yeah, you can't just take Loki's son. If you try, you'll have the Avengers to deal with!" Steve told him vehemently. Odin's mouth crimped up and that was when he looked at Thor.

"And, what does my son think about this?" he asked. Thor looked up. His face was lined with worry, and his eyes full of concern. What type of son would he be if he did not support his father? But what type of man would he be if he allowed Odin to carry out this injustice? The Avengers and Loki turned to look at him as well. Thor looked down at his feet, then he shook his head, stood up straight, and walked up.

"Father, I am your son, but I cannot allow you to do this. Loki has proven again and again that he has changed and is a loyal friend to us all. He has put his life before ours, and I honestly owe him a debt. You cannot take Nari!" Thor declared, summoning Mjolnir into his hands. Odin turned to Fury and was about to speak when suddenly they heard an explosion coming from somewhere in the city.

"I'm sorry to interrupt this meeting, gentlemen, but I'm afraid we have an urgent matter. It would appear to be Doctor Doom attacking an FBI office in the city. News teams are there and he is making demands," Jarvis said as a TV screen flashed to life. They all turned to look at it. Doctor Doom, and several of his machines, were burning the building to the ground. He turned and raised a hand in the air.

"Listen to me, New York City! If Loki does not give me the Nine Realm Paradox, what happened to this building, and the souls trapped inside, will happen to you all!" Doom shouted.

End of Part 5