The Tale of Loki's Blood Moon: Part 7

Loki immediately snatched his sword from her hands and he sliced another creature in half. "What the hell are these creatures? They're starting to annoy me," Loki said as he pulled the blade from the gore that was left of the monster before it disappeared.

"They are Draculars, servants of Vlad of House Draculesti," the girl responded. "They are his followers, turned from humans into these beasts." Loki raised his eyebrow at the name she said they were called. "But, who are you?" she asked again, turning to him, revealing his scepter hanging from her hip. Loki narrowed his eyes and snatched it from her.

"I am Loki Odinson, Prince of Asgard. I was sent here to destroy Draculesti," he answered. Before the woman could say anything, Loki pushed her down and struck three Draculars with his sword. She pulled herself to her feet and dusted her coat off. "Who are you? You remind me of a friend from home."

She straightened up and said, "I am Anja Blonski. My father is the governor if this town. He's been fighting Vlad the Impaler for years, but now, he is sick. I have taken over. But these creatures," she said, indicating the dust that had been the threat, "have never attacked us, never during the day. Are they after you?" Loki shrugged his shoulders, but she pulled a knife and lunged at him. He caught her hand just as the knife was an inch from his eye. "Don't lie to me!"

"If I don't answer, I'm not lying. I'm just refusing to answer the question," Loki responded. She glared at him, and suddenly more of Draculesti's servants appeared. "You might want to take cover. Things are about to get hot," Loki told Anja. She gave him a crazy look and then ducked behind a stone well. Loki then turned and started to create another fire ball. This one was large, the heat soon making the wood thatched roofs crackle. The creatures were almost on him when Loki released it. It spread out like a wave, turning them to ash where they were. Loki then brushed a strand of misplaced hair behind his ear and turned back to Anja, grinning. "Well, Lady Blonski, shall we both go and see this Draculesti?" Loki stooped and offered her his hand. Anja grudgingly took it, and then Loki teleported them to Draculesti's castle. They stood there in the courtyard. Loki kept Anja from going into the shade and then he called out, "Come out Dracula! Come out and face Loki, the Norse God of Mischief! Leave your vampires behind you!" Anja gave him a crazy look, but then she stared at the great door just as it opened. Dracula appeared, with two vampires behind him. Loki's hand tightened on his sword!

End of Part 7