The Tale of Loki's Intervention: Part 2

Charles straightened up, while Loki took his scepter and walked by him. "Just like that?! I'm Loki of Asgard. Myths! They're all myths!" Charles said, but Loki spun around, muttered a spell, and put him to sleep. Dickens had to run over, catch him, and lay him on the bed.

"Where are you off to Master?" Dickens asked cautiously. Loki had gone to the window, opened it, and now he looked over his shoulder at his faithful servant.

"I'm going to find Ragnarok, and stop him! Just give Charles a cup of tea when he wakes up." With that, he disappeared from Dickens' sight.

Ragnarok entered the Nether Region, the in-between, where only powerful sorcerers could go. In the Nether Region, a person could see the past, the present, and the future. He looked into the past and saw Loki leaving his wife and son, and becoming the Norseman in England. He smirked to himself and looked into the future. Loki would not be there to warn his father and brother, and so, Asgard would fall. Ragnarok looked around and found where the downfall of Asgard was to begin, and started for that. Suddenly, a ray of light and the veil between the Nether Region and reality was torn. Ragnarok turned and saw Loki enter. "Ragnarok! Halt in the name of the All-Father!" Loki commanded, raising his scepter and pointing it at him. Ragnarok just snickered in response.

"Come on, Loki. You're not with me, so you're against me. You should know that I won't surrender easily. Try to stop me if you can!" and Ragnarok disappeared into the time loop.

"No!" Loki shouted just before he dived in after him. He knew he was disobeying his father's express order to stay on Midgard for twenty years, but Loki knew that Ragnarok was going to harm his wife and son. He could not stand by and let that happen. Loki had to put Odin's orders aside and risk his wrath, and the wrath of the Frost Giants to save his home. As Loki fell through, he felt a strong aura of magic surround him, and it gripped him tight. When he landed, he still felt its hold on him. When he raised his head, he saw the Bifrost Rainbow Bridge spread out before him. After three years, he was back home!

End of Part 2