Aw!: Part 3

The Avengers all gathered on the couch in the TV room to enjoy Raiders of the Lost Ark (since Steve, Loki, and Thor were sadly still lacking).  "Where is Horny?" Tony asked as he put the DVD in, and Thor shot him a look for applying that word to his brother.  "What?  It was an innocent question," Tony responded as he took his seat on the couch next to Bruce. 

"I believe he was giving Cuddles some milk or something.  He seems awfully attached to that kitten.  Of course, that kitten seems to only like him," Steve added that last part more to himself than anybody else.  As if somebody had cued him, Loki walked into the movie room, with Cuddles perched on his shoulder again.  The Avengers saw how the kitten was clinging to his green T-shirt, but they almost lost it beneath his hair, since its fur was the same color.  He climbed over the sofa and sat down between Natasha and Clint (because they bothered him the least whenever they watched movies).  As soon as he leaned back, Cuddles crawled down from his shoulder, but not before he rubbed his head against Loki's neck.  Loki stroked the animal before he concentrated on the movie.  Cuddles did not like being ignored, so he walked away from Loki and jumped onto Natasha's lap.  She picked him up and nuzzled him.

"He smells good," she pointed out, glancing at Loki. 

His eyes did not shift from the TV as he responded, "I gave him a bath.  He rather liked it."  Natasha nodded her head before she took another whiff of whatever delicious soap Loki had used on the kitten.  After a little while, Cuddles got bored with Natasha and moved onto Steve.  Captain America seemed thrilled that the kitten was taking a shine to him and scratched Cuddles behind his ear.  The kitten purred loudly and its eyes closed.  Thor sighed as he looked at it.

"I know, making you feel warm and fuzzy inside," Tony said, effectively killing the moment.  Everybody else groaned, and Cuddles hissed at him.  The kitten jumped away from Steve and went back to Loki, who allowed it to sit in his lap while he stroked it.

"It's not that, Stark.  It reminds me of a kitten Loki had when we were children," Thor said, and the God of Mischief shot him a look.

"What happened to it," Bruce asked, sensing something else that Loki blamed Thor for.

"Thor's idiot friends ran over it with their horses when it escaped from my room," Loki said, standing up.  Taking Cuddles with him, he left the TV room.  Thor frowned and went back to watching the movie.  The rest of the Avengers knew better than to ask him for the details.

End of Part 3