The Tale of Old Enemies & New: Part 4

The Jotun, now addresses by his proper name, straightened a little. "But I'm not all Frost Giant, you know," he said.

"Oh, but I do know. You're part Vanir, that's why your magic is so strong. The Frost Giants aren't exactly known for their mystical talents," Loki's voice said, but they still could not see him.

"What are you talking about?" Moreau asked, but both Loki and Ragnarok told him to be quiet.

"Silence!" their terrible voices thundered throughout the house. "Let the immortals discuss this," Loki told him, and suddenly the illusion disappeared, and his laugh could be heard once again. "Why have you come? Because I killed your precious pupil? He deserved it!"

"I've come to offer you a deal," Ragnarok said. Moreau opened his mouth to speak again, but with a wave of Ragnarok's hand, he fell into a deep sleep, right there in Loki's hallway. Ragnarok turned around, but still did not see Loki. "The least you can do is show yourself! Have some common courtesy." A sound came from behind Ragnarok and he spun around, but all he saw was curtains billowing in a mysterious wind. Ragnarok began to walk down a long, high ceiling hallway. His shadow stretched out before him, but he heard nothing. Not yet. Suddenly, there was a wisp of wind and Ragnarok looked down at his arm. There was blood coming from a cut that Loki had just given him. "Games! Really?" Ragnarok asked.

"Yes. You want to know why? Because anyone who was even remotely connected to Helbindi, makes me sick! Whatever your deal is, I'm not interested," Loki said, and he leapt out of the shadows, his scepter in his hand. Ragnarok turned, raising a staff of his own to block Loki's attack. When the two magical weapons collided, the explosion was deafening. Light filled the house and then darkness claimed it. Not a sound could be heard from within its walls!

To be continued...

The End