Doom's Day: Part 8

The Avengers guessed that Loki had returned to check on Sigyn, so they were not scared. When they arrived back at the tower, they expected a welcoming committee. Instead, a furious Odin greeted them. "Where is he?" Odin asked loudly, coming right up to Tony.

"I can't track the dude! Don't ask me," Tony snapped in return, but that was when Jarvis beeped.

"Excuse me, sir, but Master Loki left you all a letter. Here it is," and the AI spat it out of a holding container. Tony picked it up, but offered it to Thor to read. The God of Thunder shook his head and the billionaire opened it instead.  He cleared his throat and began to read.

"Dear friends,

I know you will be expecting us to welcome you home after the day's events, but, I'm afraid that cannot be the case. It's too dangerous for us to stay with you. If we stay, we will put Midgard in constant danger. Villains, armies, and Odin will always seek to have my son, but I will not allow it. Nari is too young for this, and Sigyn wants a normal family life. My friends, we must go away until Nari is old enough. I will raise him the way I should have raised Vali. He will be powerful someday, probably more powerful than I.

Do not worry, I will raise him on stories of the Avengers. He shall know the courage of Thor; the genius of Iron Man; the loyalty of Captain America; the stealth of Black Widow; the strength of Hulk; and the wit of Hawkeye. Even though he will be far away from you, he will know you all.

Thank you for your friendship, love, and care. I know there were plenty of times where I lost my patience with you, but it was because I have never experienced what it was like to be a part of a true family. Thank you for giving me that. I owe you all a great debt of gratitude, and I shall never forget.

Loki."

Tony folded the letter closed and they all looked at each other. In that moment, their whole world was shaken. Loki, Sigyn, and Nari were gone!

The End