The Tale of the Day the Donkey Invaded: Part 3

Part 3

Loki walked around the dance floor, watching everyone twirl around him.  Thor was talking to Frigen, explaining the Asgardian customs to her.  Loki noticed Sigyn sitting by herself on one side.  She was holding a cup in her hand, but she was not drinking from it.  Loki walked over to her and smiled.  “Bored?” he asked as he stood next to her.  Sigyn looked up at him and her lips formed into a smirk.

“How old are you boy?” she queried.  Loki shifted his feet and sighed.  Sigyn laughed a little and then smiled at him.

“I just turned six last month,” Loki finally responded.  Sigyn chuckled again and put her cup down.

“I’m eight-years-old.  Do you think that Mother and Father are already planning our marriage?” Sigyn queried.  Loki stammered and blushed, and showed in other ways that he was very disturbed by what she had just said.  Sigyn stood up and walked up to him.  She was two years older than him, but she was the same height as him.  She placed her hand on his cheek, and then turned his head, looking at the mark on his neck.  Loki moved her hand, and she asked, “Did that come from playing with your older brother?”  Loki shrugged, but they were soon distracted by Odin smacking his spear, Gungnir, on the floor.

“And now, Prince Thor will lead Princess Frigen in a dance,” Odin announced.  Sigyn snorted and Loki glanced at her.  He raised an eyebrow at her, and she turned to look at him. 

“My sweet older sister has to marry well.  Father doesn’t want just anybody to marry her.  Your brother was the best option.  It was either him or Giermarr of Jotunheim,” Sigyn said.  Loki made a face.  He had met the prince once at a peace meeting with the Frost Giants.  He had struck Loki as more of a brute than anything else.  That was when Loki and Sigyn turned and watched as Thor led Frigen out onto the floor.  He bowed and she curtsied.  Their hands came together, and they began.  The music was delicate, and their dance was slow.  Loki could not help himself, he yawned.  “This is boring.  Can’t somebody make this interesting?” Sigyn asked.  Loki glanced at her and realized that she was serious.  He grinned and then carefully raised his hand.

“Come to me, and show me where you’ve been.  Reveal the animal within,” Loki said.  It only took a moment for the spell (which Loki had been practicing a long time) to take effect.  First, Thor’s ears began to grow, his nose slowly became a snout. And his blond hair turned into a mane.  People cried out while Loki and Sigyn snickered.  Thor had become an ass!

End of Part3