Resurrection: Part 1

The Avengers woke up and wondered what surprises the day had in store. Tony was the first to walk into the kitchen and turn on the coffee machine. He stretched, yawned, and then saw an envelope lying on the table. He frowned and picked it up. It said, 'To the Avengers.' "Yo people! We got mail!" Tony shouted.

"Keep your voice down! It's too early for a rumpus," Clint scolded as he walked in. Everyone else filed in after him and Tony opened the letter.

"To my dear friends, don't be alarmed when you find me gone. I have some business that is close to my heart, that it is time I dealt with. Please, when Thor finally grasps what it is I want to do, send him with all speed to Asgard. I don't feel like being murdered before my task is done. See you all soon! Loki." As soon as Tony was done reading, Thor gasped and turned around.

"What is he talking about?" Steve asked him.

"He's going to resurrect Sigyn!" Thor said as he reappeared with Mjolnir in his hand. Everyone paused and Clint made a face.

"But, he needs her soul for that, right?" he queried.

"He must already have it! But, if he returns to Asgard, without Father's permission, he'll be killed!" Thor exclaimed right before he disappeared. It only took the Avengers a moment to realize the gravity of the situation and then they sprung into action.

Heimdall stared out into space, thousands upon millions of souls under his watchful eyes. He stood straight and tall, waiting for anything to go amiss. That was when he noticed one soul under his gaze went missing. He searched all around until he found it again, and when he realized that it was in Asgard, he called out, "Chaos is loose in the Golden City!"

Loki stood up and looked around the garden. He grinned, flung out his arms and said, "It's good to be home!"

End of Part 1