Baby Haze: Part 8

"So is that all you have to report?" Fury asked Loki as they all sat together on the hellicarrier. Loki knew there was so much more he could not tell them. That he was Ragnarok, that his unborn son was the Nine Realm Paradox, that he had made a pretty serious deal with Hela, and oh, a bunch of other stuff.

"Nope," was all Loki said in response.

"So, wait a minute?" Clint said and everyone looked at him. "I was a baby?!"

"Not just you. We all were," Steve answered as he ruffled his hair. Clint sighed and leaned back in his chair. Loki just smirked a little at the uncomfortable faces they all had.

"Well, I feel sheepish," Clint declared, lowering himself down in his seat until only his head could be seen.

"What makes it more embarrassing is the fact that we were caught on camera," Tony said. "We're going to have to do some major PR. Another press conference-" but Loki stopped him.

"Oh no! No more of those for me! You have another one of those, I am not showing up!" Loki warned him as he stood up.

"Well, you kind of have to, you did save us," Tony pointed out. Loki shook his head and disappeared from the hellicarrier. When he reappeared, he was in his bedroom. Loki sat down on a chair and sighed. What a day! But what troubled him more, was the fact that this mysterious master knew about his deal with Hela. If he had just wanted leverage, then he got it. Loki now had to worry about the Avengers finding out. He had always planned on double crossing Hela, and at least now, he knew how.

"I'll just have to steal the Book of Hel, and change the future. If their deaths are already in there, how hard can it be for me to alter them?" Loki said out loud to himself. Of course, altering an event in the future, could have a ripple effect on the past, and change something that was not supposed to be changed. Loki buried his face in his hands. He had made this mess, and now, he had to fix it, but he knew in his heart that the Avengers would find out and hate him again. If they hated him, but he saved their lives, that was something he could live with. Loki leaned back, looked up at the ceiling, and reached out to his son inside Sigyn. "You're either our salvation or damnation. You choose."

The End