The Vale of the Valkyrie Tale: Part 4

Loki was taken to the archery range, where he would be taught a lesson before he was sent back to Asgard. Loki had seen what had happened to another Asgardian, who thought he could take a Valkyrie. Both his kneecaps were shot out by arrows. Thor, still in his female form, followed the four archers and Brunhilde, who was going to watch. They tied Loki to a post and then walked away, about twenty-five paces. Loki rattled the chains and then started to whistle. In the silence of the range, his tune rang out, loud and clear for all to hear. Thor heard it, and started nodding his head. When they were still boys, he and Loki had come if with a way to pass on messages through musical notes. At that moment, Loki was telling Thor to be ready for when they had fired their first volley. The Valkyrie archers waited for Brunhilde to be sitting down in her large observation chair. Their leader signaled with a wave of her hand, and the archers drew their strings back. Loki was still whistling, but now he was banging his chains with the beat.

Finally, Brunhilde said, "Fire!" The arrows flew. Loki's eyes narrowed and then, when the arrows were only five feet away, Loki leapt up. His chains magically came off, and he dodged the arrows. The Valkyrie were in shock for only a moment, and that was when Thor hit them from the side. One of the archers managed to fire a second arrow, but Loki stopped it and turned it back on the archer. The woman ducked and the arrow would have struck Brunhilde right in the head. The arrow was an inch from her face when it suddenly stopped. Loki walked toward her, letting Thor deal with the archers. Soon, he was right in front of her.

"Just a piece of advice Brunhilde. Never underestimate the ability of an Asgardian. Especially me." Loki kissed her on the cheek, and then turned away. The arrow fell harmlessly to the ground, and he and Thor disappeared as the Bifrost opened.

Loki glanced up just in time to see Odin greeting Brunhilde. "Welcome Brunhilde. May these talks bring us peace," Odin said as he offered her his hand. Brunhilde hesitated for a moment before she took it. As the Asgardians and the Valkyrie clapped, Thor made his way over to Loki.

"I saw you smirking back there before. What were you thinking?" he asked him. Loki turned to look at him and a wide grin spread across his face.

"Why brother, I was just thinking of the day you dressed in drag," Loki responded. And that was when he laughed.

The End