The Tale of Loki's Blood Moon: Part 1

Loki checked his boots and made sure he had plenty of knives tucked away. He examined the fighting staff he carried. With one magical word, that staff could become a two-headed blade. Loki checked his arm guards, and made sure that he had bladed disks under his chest plate. Once he was sure he was well armed, Loki tied his black hair up and put on a long, black leather coat. Going down to Midgard to survey this human monster known as Vlad the Impaler, would not be as easy as Loki wanted it to be. Why was Thor not the one going? Loki guessed that the reason he was going instead of Thor, was because Thor would cause havoc and destruction. Loki would go down, find Vlad, kill him, and depart without any humans noticing. Thor and his hammer would get everyone's attention. Loki and his knives knew the importance of subtlety. Loki left his chamber and walked down the hallway, carrying his staff in his hands. He occasionally twirled his staff, and even swung it across his shoulders. Servants bowed to him and a few wished him luck. Vlad the Impaler, even though he was a mortal, was feared throughout all the Nine Realms. Loki had received intelligence that he had started some satanic cult, and had hundreds of followers. Odin told Loki that many people had sent up prayers to the heavens. Loki had to kill Vlad, and he had to kill a few of his disciples, then so be it."Good luck Loki!" said a friendly voice, and Loki was startled from his thoughts by Thor appearing. Thor clapped Loki on the back, and Loki stumbled a little. "You'll be back with Sigyn in no time!" Thor told him. Loki snorted at this. Sigyn had returned to Alfheim for a time, and Odin had immediately told Loki that while he waited for her return, he could make himself useful.

"I just hope that this man isn't as much trouble as everyone says he is," Loki remarked dryly as tossed his staff into his other hand and caught it. Thor rolled his eyes and began to make up reasons as to why Loki would be back in no time. Finally, Loki had enough."Save it for the amateurs. I've got a mission, and I'm going to see to it. I'll be back, when I'm back," Loki responded, cutting Thor short in his rambling. Thor raised his hands in a mock surrender and then embraced Loki. Loki was startled, but he accepted it, wondering why everyone thought he was going to do battle in Hel. Loki departed from Thor and went to the Bifrost gate. Heimdall was standing there, waiting to send him on his way.

"Go to the world of the humans. But I warn you, you will find that it is much different from when you were there last," Heimdall warned him. Loki glanced over his shoulder at him and smirked.

"If people are naming their children Vlad, then yeah, things have changed!" With that, he stepped through the Bifrost.

End of Part 1