Invasion: Part 1

Mephisto, Surtur, and Amora stood around a giant rock, looking at Loki in a magical image that glowed on its surface. He was nurturing his wife, as Sigyn was almost ready to have their baby. The Avengers were helping them make a room for the infant. Loki could have created one out of magic, but Sigyn wanted them to actually work on it. At that moment, they were all having a paint battle. "Look how happy he is. It almost makes what we're about to do a shame," Amora remarked sarcastically. Mephisto and Surtur laughed before they turned to face their master, sitting on his throne behind them. They went down on their knees. "It is almost time, master. What would you have us do?" Amora asked him. As he sat on his throne, their dark master watched as Loki picked Sigyn up and laughed. A smirk, a familiar smirk, appeared on his face.

"Launch the invasion!" he said.

Loki took hold of the ceiling roller, stuck it to Thor's back, and rolled it up and down. Thor straightened up and growled as he saw the light green paint covering his body. Loki laughed, but that was when Tony slapped him in the side of the head with a paint brush. Loki's eyes narrowed and he turned on the billionaire. "Oh shit!" Tony said as he ran away. Steve looked up and noticed Tony cowering behind him. Loki was carrying the paint bucket and waiting to dump it on Tony.

"I'm an innocent bystander!" Steve said as he moved away, but Tony was clinging to his t-shirt. "Seriously?!" Steve asked as he tried to get away. When Tony looked up again, he could not see Loki. He turned around and that was when the God of Mischief dunked the bucket on his head. Both Loki and Steve laughed, and Clint took a picture.

"Facebook that!" Natasha said as she approached with several new paintbrushes.

"Okay, where can I reach the responsible adult around here?" Sigyn asked from her chair in a safe corner.

"No one matching that description is in this building," Tony's muffled voice said from inside the bucket of paint. Everyone burst out laughing and Sigyn laughed with them, shaking her head. Loki came to her and placed his hand on her swollen stomach. He rested his head against it, feeling the child moving within. Sigyn stroked his thick, black hair and kissed him.

"Yuck! Paint!" she said.

End of Part 1