Thor's Invisible Days Tale: Part 1

Loki could feel Volva's eyes boring a hole into the back of his head. He concentrated and soon manipulated the energy of the flame. "Focus, Loki! If you are to control the fire, you must become the fire. Feel it!"

Loki wanted to say, 'And if you feel it, you can will, and if you can will it, it will be yours!' but he restrained himself. He knew the consequences of angering Volva. It was at that moment, when Thor entered the room.

"Come on Volva! I've been waiting all morning to play with Loki! Can't you let him go so we can have some fun?" Thor asked. Volva narrowed her eyes and walked towards Thor. She went behind Loki, but hit him in the back of the head so he would not think to join them. Instead, Loki continued to influence the flames, making them dance.

"Your father has commanded me to teach your brother the mystical arts. He must devote his time to me whenever I say. Right now, I say now. You can give it a few minutes," Volva said. Thor narrowed his eyes, but he quickly glanced over Volva's shoulder and saw Loki making a face.

He was mouthing, 'Don't piss her off!' Thor then turned and nodded his head slowly and backed away. Volva smiled and then turned back to Loki.

"Focus!" she screamed in his ear. Loki blocked her out and then created a flower out of the flame. Volva clapped her hands and Thor rolled his eyes. "You may now go with your brother. But, do one thing for me. Say these words over and over again, 'Incan te mea ray.'" Loki nodded his head, not quite understanding the language she had spoken in. Volva smiled and sent him on his way. Loki joined Thor and they walked back to the palace. Thor was talking the whole time, completely unaware that Loki that saying the phrase that Volva had told him.

"Incan te mea ray. Incan te mea ray. Incan te mea ray," he repeated to himself. He said it a few more times and then suddenly he felt Thor's hand on his shoulder. Loki turned to face him, but he saw nothing. Loki's eyes moved from side to side, but he still did not see anything. The grip still tightened on Loki's shoulder till finally, Loki drove his thumb into whatever was holding him.

"Ow! Loki! That hurt!" he heard Thor say.

Loki's eyes popped in his head and his mouth fell open. "Thor! Are you there?"

There was a sound like from a throat and Loki was slapped in the face. "Of course it's me! I'm invisible!"

End of Part 1