Coming of Age: Part 2

After the meal, the ladies cleaned up. Loki took Nari aside and led him out on a walk. "There something you want to tell me, Dad?" Nari asked. Loki looked at him. Nari was very tall for a thirteen-year-old, almost six feet. His hair was the perfect coal-like mixture of black and white, but he had his father's eyes. He was intelligent, kind, but he also had a streak of mischievousness. Not as bad as his sister though. Loki predicted that she would replace him someday.

"Nari, your mother and I have told you why we brought you out here," Loki stated. Nari nodded and put his hands behind his back.

"My older brother tried to take me and use me. Then, Odin demanded that I be raised on Asgard and you be imprisoned on Niffleheim. You removed us here to Sakaar to save Midgard from further attacks until I was old enough. You're going to tell me that I'm old enough," Nari said, reading Loki's mind. Loki gave Nari a look and the boy shrugged. "I've got to practice," he said.

"Practice on your sister," Loki said seriously. Nari laughed a little before Loki pulled him in for a hug. "But, you're right. It is time for us to return to Midgard. I have raised you and your sister on stories of my adventures with your uncle and the Avengers. Now, it's time for you to meet them," Loki told him. Nari's face beamed and he returned the pressure. Loki kissed him on the head and they returned to the house. Both Sigyn and Nat sensed that something had happened, so they came to the door.

"What's up, Daddy?" Nat asked. Loki let go of Nari and the boy went to his mother. Sigyn embraced him and looked at her husband.

"We're going back, Nat. We're going back to Midgard," Loki said. Sigyn slowly started to smile while Nat gasped and spluttered. She began to exclaim in several different languages till finally she jumped on her brother's back.

"We're going to Midgard, Nari! We'll finally get to meet the Avengers!" she said joyfully. Nari agreed and galloped about the house with her on his back. Loki hugged Sigyn and they kissed.

"We're ready for this?" Sigyn asked. Loki looked into her golden eyes and nodded.

"Oh, yes. We're ready," he told her.

End of Part 2