Roommates: Part 3

Dinner was a public affair, but everyone was actually a little nervous to call Loki to the table. "I'll go if I get an extra helping of chicken wings," Clint said. There were a few mutterings from around the table, but finally Natasha had enough.

"Alright! Since you guys don't have your big boy pants on, I'll go get him!" The table went silent and Natasha stomped off. She disappeared from sight and everyone held their breath, almost as if they expected her to come flying back, repelled by a blast of green magic or something. Suddenly they heard a gasp and everyone stood up, rushing to the door. When they reached Loki's room, it was empty. That was when they heard laughter coming from the dining room. They came running back and found Loki sitting at the head, with Natasha right back in her own seat. He was holding his belly and laughing hard.

"You should have seen your faces! If you had, you would laugh too!" Loki said, wiping tears from his eyes. He continued to laugh, kicking the table leg as he tried desperately to control himself. Bruce removed his glasses, and everyone froze, expecting him to go big and green, and smash Loki into the floor again. Loki noticed this subtle movement, and leaned the chair back, placing his feet on the table. He was barefoot, and his trousers were loose around his ankles. He smirked at Bruce and placed his fingers in the steeple position. "I'm ready this time if you're going to Hulk out. Though, you might want to wait until you're no longer on Stark's real estate," Loki pointed out dryly.

"Yeah Green, remember what happened last time," Clint agreed, and everyone gave him a look. "What? It's the truth." Bruce just smiled at the sarcastic archer, and glanced back at Loki. The God of Mischief had removed his feet from the table, and was pouring himself some water. He stood up, and swirled the liquid in his glass. Loki took a sip before he walked over, and looked down at Banner.

"Are you going to do anything, Dr. Banner? Or can I go to my room? I'm not hungry," Loki said, his green eyes sparkling for a moment. Bruce shrugged and stepped aside, giving Loki a clear path to his bedroom. Everyone else did the same and Loki walked on by. When they heard his door close, many of them started breathing again.

"If he keeps acting like this, I'll ask for a transfer," Clint remarked as he sat down.

"If we're intimidated by a god we've beaten before, then what kind of team are we?" Steve asked.

"Yes, but that's Loki's trick. To assess and change his tactics, to learn from his mistakes. If we were to have to fight him again, I don't think we would have much hope," Thor responded.

End of Part 3