Doom's Day: Part 3

The Avengers met Odin and his emissaries in one of Tony's conference rooms. Odin sat at one end with the Warriors Three and Sif flanking him. The Avengers sat at their end and looked at them. Fury and SHIELD was in the middle. Odin looked hard at Loki as he sat there. Loki's arms were folded across his chest, and he was glaring at the All-Father. Loki had told Sigyn to take Nari to their room and to wait there until he came to get her. Thor was sitting next to Loki, and he saw the death glare his father and brother were giving each other. Finally, Tony cleared his throat. "Unlike you Asgardians, the rest of us aren't getting any younger," he remarked dryly.

"You speak the truth, Man of Iron," Odin said and he leaned forward in his chair. Loki maintained his relaxed posture, but he steepled his fingers. "You lied to us, Loki," Odin said and Loki chortled. Everyone turned to him, waiting for the cutting retort.

"Like I haven't done that before?! But, this particular lie was told more than a thousand years ago, so, who really cares?" Loki queried as he smirked.

"I care!" Odin said as he slammed his fist into the table and cracked it. Tony put his face into his hands.

"That was mahogany," he muttered, but nobody paid him any attention. They were too busy watching the Asgardian drama play out before them.

"You are a threat to the rest of the Nine Realms, Loki. Ragnarok can never be trusted, no matter what form he takes. Asgard has sacrificed its greatest warriors to keep the darkness of Ragnarok at bay. And all this time, it was you," Odin said, sounding tired. Loki pshawed him and straightened up in his chair. Thor looked at him, and the pleading look he had on his face was asking him to take it easy on Odin. Loki shook his head at Thor.

No way! Loki thought.

"And now that the Nine Realm Paradox is your son, you cannot be trusted to resist the temptation to use him to warp reality," Odin finished.

"So what are you going to do?" Loki asked, leaning forward and putting his arm on the table. It was as if no one but Loki and Odin were in the room. They were basically ignoring everyone. "You going to take him from Sigyn and me? Well, I've got some news for you," Loki said as he started to stand up. "You, or any of your minions get close to my son, and I'll kill you!"

"Is that a threat, Loki?" Sif asked, drawing her sword. Loki's eyes darted in her direction for a brief moment before he looked back at the All Father.

"It's a promise," he said darkly. And with that, he walked out of the room.

End of Part 3