The Tale of Loki's Blood Moon: Part 6

When Loki opened his eyes, he was lying on a pallet with a damp cloth on his forehead. Loki stiffly turned and tried to sit up, but it hurt too much. He fell back onto a rolled up cloak which was his pillow. This only made his head hurt more. He groaned and that was when he heard somebody approach him. He opened his eyes and saw the same woman who had gone to get the butcher when he had first asked for Vlad. She smiled at him and removed the cloth. "You feeling better?" she asked.

"I'll feel a lot better if I had something strong to drink," Loki responded. She paused, but that was when the butcher himself entered. He gave Loki a big grin, and Loki wondered if that was a good thing, or a bad thing. He handed Loki a flask which had been in the top of his trousers. "Don't suppose you can vouch for the vintage?" Loki queried as he uncorked it. When the liquid touched his tongue, Loki sat up and spat it a mile. It hit the wall clear across the room, staining it. Loki handed the flask back and swung his legs off the bed. Whatever it was, it had a foul taste, but it did rejuvenate him. As he tried to stand up, that was when he noticed the bandage on his arm. He removed it quickly and saw the savage teeth marks. His brow furrowed and he looked back at his hosts. "I have to go back."

The butcher shook his head and laid a large hand on Loki's shoulder. Loki was weak for an Asgardian, but a weak Asgardian was still a lot stronger than a mortal. He gripped the butcher's wrist and flipped him over his back. The butcher hit the pallet and shattered it into several pieces. The woman screamed and fled the room, shouting something. Loki pinched a nerve in the man's shoulder, knocking him out, before he turned and began to look for his things. He found what little armor he had left, but he could not find his scepter or his staff. They were not in the house. Loki growled, cursing in several different languages at once. He left the dwelling, walking down the dusky street, until he noticed that people were following him. He turned and roared, scaring them, causing them to run away. When Loki turned a corner in the town's center, he had to duck, or he would have lost his head. He eyed the person who had acquired his double-headed sword. She was wearing a long leather coat over a slim riding outfit. Her dark brown hair hung in her face, and that made her pale skin even paler. She narrowed her eyes at Loki, who, now that a beautiful woman was threatening him, raised his hands and smiled. "What are you going to do with that little lady? You going split my hair with it?" Loki queried with a smirk. The girl did not answer, and instead she took the sword in her hand like a spear and threw it over his head. Loki turned and saw her hit one of Draculesti's monsters right in the chest!

End of Part 6