The Tale of the Heir of Mischief: Part 1

Loki sat up in bed and glanced over at Sigyn. She was still sleeping, her hair splayed on the pillow, and her delicate features peaceful in slumbers. Loki smiled, his hand went out, and touched her protruding belly. Sigyn was nine months pregnant with their first child and Loki could not wait for the infant to be born. He had asked her if she wanted to discover the gender of the child, but she had refused. Sigyn opened her eyes, smiled, and her hand began to go through his hair. Loki glanced over at her, and they kissed each other. "Why are you up so early?" Sigyn asked. When Loki did not respond, she queried again, "Where are you going?" Loki shrugged and made a move to get up, but Sigyn caught his hand. "Not letting you go until you tell me."

Loki finally laughed and responded, "Just boring old Asgardian politics, my dear. Nothing for you, or our little bundle of joy to worry about." Sigyn cocked her head to one side and made a face.

"If it was boring, my dear, you wouldn't be doing it. The great Loki, Prince of Mischief, would never participate in something boring or mediocre. You're too intelligent for that," Sigyn said as she struggled to sit up. Loki helped by magically propping the pillows up and putting her against them.

"Would you like something to eat or drink, Sigyn?" Loki queried as he was about to ring for a servant.

"Would you like to tell me the truth for once in your life, Loki?" Sigyn asked in return. Loki frowned a little, sighed, and the happy expression was gone from his face. Sigyn looked concerned and signaled for him to come back. Loki came and sat down next to her on the mattress, allowing her to stroke his bare arm. "What has you troubled? You have been tossing and turning so violently these last few weeks. You think I'm asleep? Guess again."

"Helbindi, the Frost Giant Prince has me troubled. I've been visiting him every day in the Vault of Visions. Where every other criminal is crying out at a nightmare only they can perceive; he is calm, placid, and in control. The vault doesn't work on him. Father needs to know, so I summoned a secret meeting to discuss another type of punishment for him. Also, I see him harming you and the child. I want him as far away as possible. Or I might do something awful," Loki explained.

Sigyn raised her eyebrow a little and asked, "How awful? Turning him into an insect so he can be stepped on?" Loki shook his head and that was when Sigyn realized how serious.

"I would kill him."

End of Part 1