The Tale of Old Enemies & New: Part 3

The moon was dark that night. Not a ray of light could be seen anywhere in the whole countryside of England. Loki perched on the roof of Valhalla Hall, hiding in the shadows of one of his decorative gargoyles. His scepter was attached to his back, waiting for his commands. Loki was anticipating the arrival of his enemy. He had been sitting up there for a little more than an hour, but his patience paid off. A small movement near the beginning of his driveway and Loki looked in that direction. Two shadows appeared: one, small and rather uncertain in its movements; the other, slowly growing larger, and swifter a foot. Underneath his mask, Loki smirked and slowly moved further back into the shadows.

His hall had been cleared of all personnel, except for Dickens, and Loki's loyal servant was sealed inside Loki's sanctum. Loki did need someone to help him clean up any and all messes that would be the result of this encounter. But now, the God of Mischief watched his enemies from the shadows, his hands itching for action. His devious plan was now in motion, having begun the moment his enemies set foot on his land. With only a whisper, Loki disappeared from the roof.

"How much farther?" Moreau asked the Frost Giant, but the Jotun silenced him with a glare from his red eyes. As they walked, Moreau was surprised to see no lights on in the house, but the Jotun was not. As they started down the main path, the torches suddenly lit up, all the way to the house. Moreau and his companion froze, but only for a moment. The Jotun darted forward and soon reached the front door. His hand touched the wood and froze it. With one punch, he leveled it and stepped into Valhalla Hall. Moreau was soon also inside Loki's home.

"Welcome to the Hall of Hell!" said a terrifying voice and suddenly, the doors pulled themselves back up, and the bolt was drawn. Moreau ran back and tried to open it, but his puny mortal strength could not hope to break a god's spell.

"The least you could do is greet me. Or is the Prince of Mischief above manners?" the Jotun asked. There was a snicker from the shadows, and an illusion of Loki appeared.

"Well, since you would have been a teacher of mine, I suppose I can greet the teacher of Helbindi. It's nice to see you, Ragnarok!"

End of Part 3