The Tale of Loki's Romance: Part 2

Loki sat down at a long table in the grand banquet room, with his brother next to him, waiting for Odin and Brunhilde to sign the peace document. King Alry was sitting in between the All Father and the leader of the Valkyries, telling them what all the document entailed. If one of them went to war, the other was duty bound to aid them. Neither was permitted set foot in the others province without their permission, but they could announce their visit before hand. Loki glanced at Thor and jabbed him in the ribs when that part was mentioned. Thor simply glared at his brother and then returned to smiling at Frigen. When both Odin and Brunhilde agreed to the terms, they signed their names and then King Alry signed his as a witness. There was clapping, cheering and the blowing of trumpets. Loki was sure that if he was not wearing his helmet, he would have gone deaf.

The documents and official papers were cleared away, and food was brought. King Alry leaned over and whispered to Odin, "I am returning the hospitality you once showed me. Let's just hope that nobody becomes an ass tonight." Odin smiled wanly and then glanced over in Loki's and Thor's direction. Thor was feeling rather abandoned because Loki was now devoting all his attention to Sigyn. Thor soon stood up, bowed to the noble people at the table, and then joined the Warriors Three, and Sif further away from the table.

When he was beside them, he asked, "Who is Loki talking to so intently? She's a beauty and no mistake, but Loki has hardly been so enamored by any woman."

"That is Sigyn, the youngest daughter of King Alry and Queen Iloway. She was eight-years-old when they visited you in Asgard," Volstagg said. It only took Thor a moment to remember her and the incident attached to it. They stood there for only a moment, and then Sif whispered something in Thor's ear. Thor nodded and then they sent Fandral over. Fandral approached, curling his mustache with one hand, and taking a cup of wine with the other.

"Sigyn, my darling! It's been a while," he said when he reached them. Loki glanced up with a raised eyebrow when Fandral addressed her so familiarly. Sigyn gave him a look as well, as she had never met Fandral before. "We must dance together my sweet, I would not have it any other way," Fandral finished as he handed Loki his cup and then took her hand. Before either Loki or Sigyn could refuse, Fandral swept her onto the open space before the tables. Loki held Fandral's cup as he watched them dance. Meanwhile, Thor, Sif, and the other two Warriors watched his reaction. They saw Loki slowly crush the cup in his hands.

End of Part 2