The Tale of Loki's Punishment: Part 2

Sigyn sat in her bed, rocking Vali in her arms. The door opened and Loki entered the room. Sigyn brightened briefly, before she sunk back onto her pillow. Loki came to the bed side, and kissed her lovingly on the lips. Then, they sat there together and looked at their baby. Vali gurgled and actually smiled at Loki. Loki placed a hand on his head, blessed him quietly, and he kissed him. He turned to Sigyn and tears were sliding down her cheeks. She took hold of his hand and her grip tightened. "I don't want you to go. I won't let you go!" Sigyn told him, but Loki's hand gently stroked her cheek, and he hushed her.

"It won't do either of us any good to fret, my love. I chose it, and I don't regret what I did or why I did it. I will miss you and Vali. If there is any way for you to tell me how he is doing, I would love that," Loki told her softly. Sigyn tried to wipe her tears away, but fresh ones came immediately. Loki pulled her in and kissed. "I am ready to face my punishment. Father doesn't want to do it, but it will protect the realm. I love you." Loki kissed her again and stood up, but Sigyn would not let go of him. Loki had to use a magical spell to get her hand off of his. "I must go."

Loki left the room and joined Thor at Heimdall's gate. He turned over his weapons and his armor. Thor promised to look after them and Sigyn until Loki returned. Loki thanked him, and gave him a hug. "Don't worry. Twenty years will be a blink to you," Thor told him with as much of a smile as he could muster. Loki appreciated his attempt at light heartedness and gave him a brotherly shoulder slap. Odin did not extend any fatherly embraces, as the Frost Giants would think that he had sanctioned what Loki had done. Loki stepped forward and turned to face them. Heimdall put his sword in the lock, and opened the Bifrost Bridge.

"Where we send you, mankind is in a time of great strife. They slaughter each other and plan to overthrow what every other realm stands for. You must help those that still hold true to the old ways. This war will last many years. It will keep you busy," Odin told him. Loki glanced over his shoulder back at his family. That was when a smirk started to spread across his face. Heimdall pushed the sword down and Loki disappeared from sight.

End of Part 2