Thor's Invisible Days Tale: Part 3

Loki cautiously walked out of his chamber and towards the library. He hoped to find the answer to his question in the ancient texts. Thor followed him as quietly as he could, but it was hard for the Prince of Thunder to be quiet long enough. "Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise. You might learn the value of silence," Loki pointed out as they entered the library. Thor, angry, charged at Loki and knocked him into a bookshelf. Loki hit it with tremendous force and actually knocked it over.

"Who dares to destroy my priceless books?!" a deep voice boomed. Loki froze and turned to see the giant who ran the library. He came from Jotunheim but had a deep desire for knowledge, so Odin let him run the library. He was over nine feet tall, and terrifying. Loki dived to one side and hid behind a high backed chair that was there for a knowledge seeker to use. He closed his eyes and waited to feel Thor's hand dragging him out, but he felt nothing. "Who are you defiler of knowledge? I don't care if you are a Son of Odin, you will pay for your heinous crime!" the giant bellowed. Loki looked around the chair and saw the giant coming round one of the shelves. Loki wanted to bite his fingernails, but suddenly, something threw a book at the giant's head. He stopped coming towards Loki, and turned around.

"Good luck trying to catch me you oaf! You can't catch what you can't see!" Loki heard Thor shout. He smiled when he saw the giant turn away and go after Thor. Loki broke from hiding and darted back to the old stacks of scrolls and books. He began to flip through the scrolls, checking to see if the writing matched the language Volva used. He knew this was her doing. Thor had irritated her, and that was all it took. Now Loki had to get his brother out of his mess.

"Well, what are brothers for?" Loki asked himself. A second later, Loki found what he was looking for. "Yes!" he said, but that was when he felt cold breath down his neck. Loki turned around and then stared up. He was looking into a pair of red, and calculating eyes. "Hello. Just seeking some knowledge. Um, what was that ruckus about?" Loki asked, his voice shaking. The giant's eyes narrowed and then widened before he reached down and tried to grab Loki. But, Loki teleported himself behind the giant and was soon running for the door. The scroll trailed behind him as he ran. Loki was almost to the door, when something collided with him from the side and knocked him over. He fell in a heap and turned. "I'm trying to help your ass! Watch where you're going!" Loki snapped at air. But, that was when he looked up and saw the giant coming straight for him!

End of Part 3