LQ

LQ

While browsing on my news feed, I saw/read this post, from my friend Donne.

"On my way home, I noticed a couple fighting. I usually don't stop to watch what happens, but this one was different. The guy was drunk and was yelling at his girlfriend. Then out of nowhere, he hit the girl. The girl fell down but quickly got up and started walking away. Two of the girl's friends rushed beside her to check if she was alright. The guy then ran towards the girl and started dragging her on the road.

I knew where the Barangay outpost was stationed so I hurried there. I found 3 Barangay officials and told them what happened. Apparently, they already knew what was happening and didn't want to intrude on the couple's personal matter. We could hear the girl screaming and yet they didn't even care enough to stop what was happening. To make things worse, they told me that they didn't have the power/authority to do anything about it. I reiterated myself that the guy was beating the girl up. Only then, did they feel the urgency to go to do something about it.

Domestic violence is no joking matter. I hated the response of not helping just because they had no authority to do something. We're just as bad if we condone things like these to happen."

Di naman dahil away mag-bf-gf/mag-asawa eh wala nang pakialam ang ibang tao, lalo na kung inaabuso ka na nang pisikal.

Citizens
2012
Institute of Arts and Sciences (IAS)
FEU Manila