Raise your hand if you have ever been personally victimized by a Gay Person.

Raise your hand if you have ever been personally victimized by a Gay Person. _ sorry

"Just to make things clear first-hand, I am not homophobic. In fact, I grew up respecting the members of the LGBT because I have lots of friends who are gay/lesbian/bi etc., and they were really great friends of mine.

This is not to stereotype gay people. But I just think it's getting way out of hand.

This is my concern: a lot of the most terrible bullies I encountered in college are gay. And I'm not saying that all gays are bullies. Or pag straight ka hindi ka nambubully. There are also a lot of genuinely friendly and nice gay people out there but it's just that I observed that a lot of name calling are initiated by the badings in class tapos, since everyone's laughing about it already, gagatungan na ng iba. At first, nakakatawa pa, but as time goes, nakakainsulto na.

Yeah, I get it, you guys struggle everyday to feel accepted, and let's all admit it, a lot of us look up to our gay friends for humorous or witty comments. But sana wag naman natin paabutin sa point na kailangan niyong mag-alipusta ng kapwa just for others to think you're funny.

There was a time when I walked in to class and one of my gay blockmates came up to me to make beso and said ""Hi, beshy"" so I said ""Hello"" then I went to my seat. Tapos she came up to her huge group of friends at may binulong na comment loud enough for me to hear.It was so insulting that I don't want to reveal it here. At first, I didn't assume the comment was for me, but I noticed that after that, every time I'm called up in front to report or lead the prayer, she or one of her friends would start giggling and start shouting the unnecessary comment, as if imitating the ""funny"" way their gay friend said it. I feel embarrassed and helpless, because when you're gay, a lot look out for what you have to say, and knowing that marami nang against discrimination, walang pwedeng gumanti or manlait sa kanila dahil back up nila ang buong lgbt community and anti-dicrimnation advocates + majority of the feu community.

It's not just me. I see a lot of my other friends feeling uncomfortable with some of our gay classmates because they feel like they're being judged. And if that gay person noticed something funny about another person, she'd have all of her friends to laugh about it.

A lot of you may say na ""Stand up to your bullies."" or ""Say it right to her face."" pero those people are probably the ones who have never experienced bullying before It's hard to stand up to the big guys when you're a nobody, especially if that person has a great group of supporting bully friends. And I know somehow, they might say that I'm discriminating them and stuff.

I, for one, am trying my best to stop the discrimination for you guys, but bullying isn't the way to feel accepted. This also goes to anyone who feels like they're not being a accepted by their social groups. Bullying, stepping on other people's reputation, judging a person in accordance to his/her physical attributes, kahit magandang magandang bading ka, you are not entitled to bully and encourage your friends to laugh at others for their imperfections."

cady heron
2014
Institute of Arts and Sciences (IAS)
FEU Manila