FaceTime Call Pt. 1

Callie:
I'm keeping myself busy with random chores around the house while I nervously wait. I haven't talked to my girlfriend in a few weeks. She left a couple of months ago to film and it's tough. We're in different time zones so it's been really hard for us to get in contact. But today, she supposedly has some sort of super long break, no filming, no work, so she said she'd be able to FaceTime.

I'm doing some dishes when I hear my phone go off next to the sink. My hands are wet so I can't hold it up but I lay it flat and pick up the call.

"H-hey bab-" Scarlett starts to greet me.

"Hey!"

"Cal."

"Yeah?" I respond off-camera since I'm drying my hands.

"It's called FaceTime. Not ceiling time."

"Yeah yeah. I know. I'm coming," I laugh.

Once my hands are completely waterless, I pick up my phone to show my face, smiling big at the gorgeous face on the other side. I make my way to the living room and get comfy on a sofa, leaning on the arm of it with my legs bent off to the side of me.

"That's better."

"I miss you," I say, trying not to sound too sad.

"I miss you too."

"How much longer 'till you come home?"

"Mmmmaybe like a few weeks to a month?"

"Ah." I don't even try to hide my sadness anymore.

"Hey, I'll be home before we know it. Just have to hang on a little-"

She's quickly cut off by her phone shaking vigorously. When it stops, the face on the other side is not my girlfriend.

"Oh dear," I sigh. "Hi, Robert..." I greet Robert Downey.

"Hi, there! Whatcha up to?"

"Well, I was talking to Scarlett."

"Yeah, Scarlett can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message after the beep. BEEP!"

Before I could respond, the phone shakes and quickly stops but again, not my girlfriend.

"How the hell do I work this thing..." Mark mumbles to himself.

"Hi, Mark," I greet him, trying to hide my annoyance.

He finally holds the phone way too far from his face.

"O-oh! Callie! Hi! Wait why do I have you?"

"I don't know, Mark. I do not know."

"Let me take you back to Scarlett."

I can tell he's walking me somewhere but my excitement quickly goes away when I hear a loud "NO!" I can't see anything anymore, only some voices.

"Can I have the phone?" The new voice asks.

"No. She's obviously on here to talk to Scarlett, not us. Now let me take her back." Mark begs.

"Please?" The other voice pleads.

"Whatever. I'm sorry Callie. I work with idiots," Mark apologizes then hands me off to a new face.

"Just out of curiosity, will I ever be talking to Scar today?"

"Oh, I can't answer that. That's what happens when you date someone from this cast," Jeremy chuckles.