NR - Callie Barton Pt. 1

Callie:
"Oh, you are so dead!" I laugh at my older brother who just clapped flour on my face.

"I'm dead? Oh, I'm sorry. You must have forgotten who's job is to save the world!" Clint smirks, going back to the cookies we're making.

Once we're done mixing the batter, he carefully puts the batter on a pan and slides them into the oven.

"Wow, I remember a time when you couldn't even make pre-made cookies." I chuckle, leaning on the kitchen counter.

"Hey, kids really make an impact on you." He smiles, leaning opposite of me.

"I wouldn't know," I jest, earning a light chuckle from the entrance of the kitchen.

We turn our heads to Clint's lovely wife Laura walking in with a smile. "You'll get there soon enough, Cal," she adds.

"Yeah, we'll see." I shoot her a loving smile.

"Hey, when do we need to leave tomorrow?" Laura asks, referring to our family trip to the Avengers' facility tomorrow.

"I'm thinking around noon if that's alright with you, honey," Clint responds.

"That sounds great. I'm excited to see everyone again." She happily kisses his cheek before walking back into the living room.

"So what can I expect from them?" I ask Clint about his friends.

"Chaos. They're all a bunch of adult crackheads with advanced skills or abilities. Sometimes they're even a little too much for me," he laughs.

We laugh and talk until the cookies are done. He tries his best to give me a basic rundown of what I should expect when I meet the Avengers tomorrow. Cooper, Lila, and Nate all come rumbling down the stairs and join us on the couches. It's pretty late after we finish the cookies so we mutually agree it's time to go to bed to get enough rest for tomorrow.

-

When we walk into one of the facility's rooms, they're all already waiting for us. Immediately, the kids run up to Natasha Romanoff screaming "Auntie Nat". Obviously, I know all of the Avengers just because they're the Avengers. But Clint has also told me so many stories about them so I know them from that as well. It takes a minute for everyone to get settled with the kids and Laura before Clint wraps his arm around me.

"Guys! This is my sister Callie!"

I give the group a polite but awkward smile while they each greet me.

"So why haven't we ever met you?" Bruce Banner asks.

"I don't know. I guess Clint's just worried I'll seem too cool and his friends won't like him anymore after they meet me," I smirk.

My brother side shoves me with a laugh and the rest of the group blows up in light laughter as well. I already feel really comfortable with Clint's friends. Like I belong.

"That is not the reason!" Clint protests.

"Right, okay bud," I laugh.

Clint rolls his eyes with a smirk. He goes to open his mouth to say something but is stopped by a kid in a spider suit. Spider-Man. He flies in using his webs, hanging off the ceiling for a brief moment before jumping down in front of me.

"Hi! Oh- You're not- It doesn't matter. But who-"

"Pete, meet Callie. My sister," Clint jumps in for me.

"Sister? Woah, cool!"

"Peter! What have I told you about using your webs in any room other than the training room?" Tony Stark comes into the room yelling.